“Great breakfast and delightful lunch”

West Shore Beach Cafe
Ranked #4 of 21 Quick Bites in Llandudno
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2018

Was on vacation in this area. Am gluten and dairy free and don’t eat meat. The staff were very accommodating, patient, friendly and professional. I was delighted with the food and would definitely recommend the beach cafe. I will be back,
Doreen S

1  Thank 9,102

Reviewed November 2, 2018

Thanks to some arcane bylaws there are no cafes on Llandudno's North Shore (the main tourist area) so if you want to eat in a cafe with a sea view then you need to head to the quieter, but far more scenic, West Shore where you'll find the Beach Cafe.

We visited on an unexpectedly sunny Friday lunchtime in November to find the place more or less packed out. Sadly for me the chicken and ham pie on the specials menu was sold out so I opted instead for fish and chips. As it's a small cafe that doesn't appear to have a huge food preparation area I'd assumed that I'd be served frozen fish but lo and behold when my meal arrived the fish was freshly fried. It was very tasty and a decent sized portion which made up for missing out on the pie.

The cafe was extremely busy and not hard to see why. They serve up very good quality food in generous portions and whilst it's not the cheapest cafe in Llandudno it represents very good value for money. The owners have recently announced plans to extend the building and hopefully that will come fruition as the only quibble I can come up with was that because it was so busy we were a bit squashed and a bit of extra elbow room wouldn't have gone amiss.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank MyUserNameWasTaken
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit after reading reviews and we're so glad we did!

We ordered 3 cooked breakfasts, which came on hot plates. The food wasn't greasy at all and was very high quality ingredients with spot on presentation. My son had a slice of Victoria sponge which he said was very fresh and tasty.

The staff were very friendly and looked happy as they went about their tasks, which I think adds to the charm of the place.

We will definitely return when back in the area.

1  Thank Tins99
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

I stopped of here in October when we got them last couple of days of warm sunshine. Lovely place, fantastic location. Ordered a cheese and ham toastie was lovely especially the side salad that came with it super tasty. Was travelling alone and met some lovely people outside on there terrace. Definitely will call again next year to sample more of there delights.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

Great service, food and facilities with a lovely view. Lovely large terrace with plenty of seating to sit and admire the views. They also serve ice creams! Lots of choice on menu and they're licensed! Great place to end a long walk

1  Thank Karin B