“Never let's you down”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: postcode IP4 1BB
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

I've found a new favorite dish at our most favourite curry house.
Spicy shaslick chicken madras. Loved it. Right amount of heat. Fresh green chilli and peppers and onions. And of course the delicious skewered chicken. I usually opt for a madras which is also delicious but this was tremendous with the addition of fresh chilli and vegetable substance.
Poppadoms are a must here. Simply the best. No fatty greasy Poppadoms here. Crisp and light and served with generous sauces.
House red always goes down well. Merlot granache.
Friendly and very good service as always.
Love the food here.
Recommended this place to a work colleague who agreed it was simply the best curry and onion bhajee he's ever had.
Wouldn't go anywhere else!

Reviewed April 22, 2017

With a number of fine establishments to choose from in Ipswich it had been some time since I had eaten at the Dhaka, but the memories of the great food soon came flooding back. The menu choice is great with some dishes specific to the Dhaka. Really tasty food and great, friendly service we had an excellent night where the beer and wine also flowed freely. I chose the Gohst Satkora Hot Massala which was superb and can be cooked to your taste of either Madras or Vindaloo heat. Delicious with Saag Dhal Makhani and garlic fried rice rice. Won't wait so long to return next time.

Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

I visited The Dhaka again with friends after the Cinema.I had Spicy shad lick chicken Madras,Gosht Ranga Jalfrezi.they are just lovely,and the staff are so friendly,will go back again!beautiful night!

Reviewed April 13, 2017

Just throughly enjoyed a meal tonight the flavours were very good and all different which you don't always get with Indian food very good

Reviewed April 10, 2017

We saw this restaurant on our walk home and thought we'd try it out due to the half price weeknight mains deal. We weren't expecting much but we were really pleasantly surprised. I had a lamb dish that was fantastic, the meat seemed like a slow braised chop as opposed to tough cubes you usually get. The bread was great too. My girlfriend had a vegetarian curry and said it was tasty but the vegetables were a bit boring (mainly potato). Service was really good and the interior was attractive. The half price mains make the value decent but I feel like the dishes are slightly more expensive than your average Indian which evens out the bill.

Overall a great meal, we will return.