“Ipswich council need to do better than this ☹️”
Review of Crown Pools

Crown Pools
Ranked #71 of 94 things to do in Ipswich
More attraction details
Owner description: Crown Pools has a competition swimming pool, leisure pool with wave machine and water jets and a gym. Currently undergoing a refurbishment.
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Not a good day hope to take my children swimming with my mum and learnt that the lesuire pool was closed and we couldn't go my children was so upset and I was fuming as i had checked on there site to see what time it was open til a waste of time in this heat wave very disappointing they could at least up date this sort of problem on there web site so people would know that before they make plans to do so

Date of experience: June 2018
4  Thank lagibbons

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Went swimming there today at 10.30. The competition pool was clean and quiet but I always find it cold. One point I'd like to make it that the pool attendants rarely seem to notice what is going on but seem mainly to be chatting among themselves. Although it states quite clearly that swimmers should swim in a clockwise direction in the first lane, many people don't do this but stand chatting in the shallow end, getting in the way of swimmers. Today there were two men who must have been there for at least ten minutes. I looked to see if the attendants had noticed but they seemed oblivious. I find their attitude worrying and wonder if they'd notice if something more serious was happening like someone struggling in the water. I feel I have to say something as something similar happened last Tuesday. Children kept coming into the pool not realising they had to keep swimming. Eventually one attendant did tell them but didn't then follow it up. The children went out but were back a few minutes later. I'm sure I'm not the only person who was annoyed by this, it was almost as if the attendants were afraid to tell them. They really need to up their game.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

In the town centre and next to an expensive car park. It's very old looking and bit run down. It does have flukes that are never open. Also there are small slides for kids water splashes and a wave machine. Not to bad. The staff sent the best and can be quite rude but I would still take the kids back. The water was quite cold though

Date of experience: May 2017
3  Thank lindybohan
Reviewed July 5, 2017

My first visit to Crown Pools for two or three years, as I live nearer to Stowmarket than Ipswich. I have to say, I found Crown Pools sparklingly clean, with plenty of changing cubicles, clean toilets and lots of showers that work. The pool itself was a good temperature for serious swimming (i.e. not too warm) and the water was clear. This was such an incredible contrast to Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre where I usually swim - MDLC is grimy, with poor changing facilities, awful toilets and only four showers, none of which work properly. Compared to MDLC's warm, gloopy pool water, Crown Pools is a 5-star facility. It's further for me to drive and I'll have to pay to park, but definitely a better choice.

Date of experience: July 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed May 29, 2017

I often go to crown pools for one reason being that I get in there for free and it is local to me. I would never pay to go in this place even though it only costs a couple of quid. It has recently had a refurbishment however after this it hasn't changed how un-hygienic this place is. Before the refurbishment it had dirty yellow tiles all cracked and run down but since then it has now got dirty blue tiles. I found a spider and dirt in the pool which makes since considering whoever runs this place decided to put trees next to the pool so every so often when the wave machine goes of it drags more dirt into the pool- I don't think they ever clean this place because it smells of urine and it is incredibly dirty because every so often you fell other peoples hairs go over your foot or wrap around your legs. It seems that the staff are trained to be the most unfriendly and unhelpful they can possibly be. Even the other day when I went there the receptionist was eating a McDonalds. The worst swimming pool I have ever gone to BEWARE THIS COULD BE THE WORST SWIMMING POOL IN ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of experience: May 2017