“So disappointed”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Visited today with my husband for the first time. We both ordered the Beef Roast. It was awful, the vegetables were barely cooked, the roast potatoes were hard and looked anaemic. Almost half of my meat was fat and gristle and the gravy was greasy!
I had asked the waitress what vegetables were on the dish before I ordered as there are some that I can’t eat. She said there was kale, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots so knowing I could eat three of those, I went ahead and ordered. When the plate came there were none of these on the plate, other than the carrots and broccoli that she didn’t even mention. Therefore I ate very little. I complained to another waiter who apologised.

We ordered bread and butter pudding for desert, along with a cheeseboard, as I was still hungry. I had 5 small crackers on the board. And no chutney even though it was advertised as being part of the dish. Couldn’t wait to leave and will never go back!

3  Thank RXLSUFFOLK

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Not quite our local but very close. Visited some time ago as a vegatarian and asked whether they knew if any wines were vegetarian or vegan. The manager was very helpful and checked all the bottles with no luck. Still enjoyed a lovely meal. Visited again a couple of weeks ago and to my delight they now have a vegan menu and the manager has procured a list of all wines detailing whether vegetarian/vegan. Result! We both , meat eater and vegan, had lovely meals and will definitely return. Lovely manager, she couldn't have been more helpful.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Linda O
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Yet again not only did we have a great meal but all the staff were not only helpful but lovely. They made me, my husband and our two cockapoos, Coco and Layla very welcome.
We’ll be back and would recommend anyone to go and take your dogs too.
Always call to book if you have a dog as you can only sit in the top restaurant.
Enjoy

2  Thank Brady V
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Have once again paid a visit to this lovely restaurant. The best thing about the Swan at Westerfield is definitely the food, especially the baked camembert that I can’t get enough of. Staff was very welcoming and professional as well like they’ve been every time

1  Thank b-Matilda
Reviewed October 30, 2018

On a cold .wet and windy day we were in need of a good meal in pleasant surroundings and The Swan was just what we were looking for.The set lunch at £12/£15 was excellent value and the "specials" on the blackboard were more interesting and inviting than you might expect at this kind of restaurant.
The bill was a very reasonable £34 for a good meal and the service was prompt and friendly. Well done to all involved.

Date of visit: October 2018