“Birthday dinner with friends”

Mariners Restaurant of Ipswich
Ranked #20 of 469 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$22 - US$59
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Within easy walking distance of the town centre, Ipswich's most original restaurant, Mariners, is an antique Dutch customs gunboat, moored along Neptune Quay. You can relax in its wonderful atmosphere and its polished brass ambience. From a quick snack for lunch on the upper deck to a romantic dinner on the lower deck, it is the perfect place for an evening on the sea front.
Reviewed March 5, 2017

When booking a table for four people I asked about disabled parking they didn't have any but could drop off outside the restaurant with parking nearby. Table booked they said once on board no steps to negotiate and when seating us also close to the entrance which helped as myself and wife are disabled. The ambience inside was just great we ordered drinks first which gave us time to decide our meal, guinea fowl and belly pork was mine but the one with the best taste was the wild boar which my wife had I tasted a little. Before ordering our disserts I past a remark to my friend as it was my birthday on my dessert plate they wrote Happy Birthday which made my day and the whole experience was fantastic. 10 out of 10 must go again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

Excellent from start to finish, we were made to feel very welcome, nice and friendly atmosphere.
Food was outstanding I had monkfish & salmon and my boyfriend had wild boar. Would order the same again.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

For my sons birthday, we booked a table at Mariners,had the menues e-mailed to us by Barbara, so we could select our meals beforehand, all very efficent took our own rather listing Cake, we were greeted and sat down by smiling staff, who then went on to serve the lovely meal,, lots of wine, so subsequently, we got somewhat noisier, all taken in their stride, then out came the cake, all lit up with many candles, they very kindly cut it too, nothing was too much trouble, thanks to them for making this a Birthday to remember,and for explaining to my grandson how the boat didnt bang into the dock, ,I wish they had a photographer on hand to take a full shot of us all, as phone pictures are OK , perhaps this is something they might think of doing in the future?This didnt in any way spoil our evening, Mariners are somewhere slightly different, great food, and wine, delightful!
Oh the vegaterian selection was superb too.

1  Thank evecole
Reviewed February 25, 2017

Spent a very pleasant evening with friends over dinner. Good food and plenty of wines to choose from.

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

Once again, Mariners provides a terrific dining experience. The surroundings are quaint and very different in positive ways. It's cosy, informal, smart yet informal and friendly. The front of house staff are efficient, professional and attentive. The menu is varied and interesting and all the resulting dishes are well-presented, well-balanced and delicious. The wine list is extensive.
Mariners offers and delivers high quality and is well worth a visit. We will be back - again.