“Nice early eve meal ”

Ranked #34 of 488 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zizzi Italian restaurant in Ipswich has a cosy atmosphere with lovely period features, including a spiral staircase separating the two floors. It is set in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the local cinema. This two-floor restaurant is the ideal setting for parties or private functions. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Went here this evening at 16.55 with my friend and her 16 month old little boy. We chose to sit out the way to give her little boy some space to eat, play and park the buggy.

Food came quickly and service was good. I had the penne Della Casa and a glass of wine which were lovely. Food came hot. The child food (tiny tots menu) was good value and plentiful.

My fiend had two starters as a main, soup and prawns - both good!

I was disappointed to see the banana and Nutella calzone on the desert section is being branded new but with no caramel sauce, this is a disappointment! So I didn’t have it.

In all we had a pleasant experience, we were upset by a customer (older lady) who commented as she left to my friend that their meal at 5pm had been ruined and she should have taken him outside because my friends little one of 16 months let out a few screams.he is a child and it was early, 5pm.
Nevertheless staff didn’t seem to mind and a place like this clearly and does embrace children as they have a tots and child menu. Staff. Never said anything to us but maybe they could have been a little more supportive

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful stylish restaurant, I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. As a starter we had mushroom brindisi which was very nice and crunchy with refreshing non alcoholic summer cocktails. Than the main was this huge pizza, i had with pulled pork with was kinda different than other pizzas which i had before, because of the creamy base but I can highly recommend. At the end coffees in very cute mugs and lovely desert straight from the oven perfectly finished this beautiful dinner. Staff there are very friendly and helpful. Thank you for lovely evening!

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday, downstairs very busy so was shown to a table upstairs which was better as much quieter! We ordered garlic bread to share for starters this was ok but my main course salad was tiny like a starter portion I had finished mine whilst everyone else still had over half their mains left! Didn’t complain as we were dining with friends and didn’t want to make a scene. Don’t think I will come back unless I had discount vouchers

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely night out with my daughter. The food was excellent. We both ate from the vegan menu, even though I'm not vegan, and it was absolutely delicious. I knocked over my daughter's cider and they replaced it for free. I was really impressed with the service and food.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank LottieDipplejerk
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I visited with my daughter, her partner and my granddaughter.
The service was second to none, and the food superb including a vegan option.
Excellent and will definitely visit again.

Date of visit: August 2018