“Poor service, even worse meals”

Oyster Reach Beefeater
Ranked #124 of 459 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our group of four ate here, as it was on the way to the Regent Theatre. The restaurant was warm and welcoming. We were shown to our seats in an efficient manner, but this is where the meal took a turn for the worse.
The drinks order was taken and served shortly after, however taking the food order was very slow considering there was not many diners present.
After waiting some 35 minutes and watching other diners, who placed their orders after ours,being served, my wife enquired where our food was.
Within two minutes our meals where being served(one wonders how and where had they been until now)
Apart from my wife who's meal was edible, the remainder of the food was over cooked,dry and inedible.an example was my battered fish, which contained hardly any fish but was just an oblong piece of batter,so over cooked that it snapped throwing pieces of batter every where.
I do not like giving bad reviews but this meal was truly terrible

Chris R, General Manager at Oyster Reach Beefeater, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are sorry to hear you did it enjoy your visit to us. Please feel free to contact me at the oyster reach to go through your experience. I hope to speak to you soon

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We are regular users of this restaurant and were disappointed at being sat at a table near the door that looks like it's been added as an after thought. Every time the door opened we felt a cold draught. We pre booked our table so were expecting to be in the restaurant not where we were seated. Also another table that were seated after us had there food arrive first. We waited about 40 minutes for our food to arrive. The new menu hardly caters for vegetarians and they obviously don't know what being vegan means as they don't cater for vegans at all. Over all a pretty rubbish experience which sadly means we will no longer being eating at this restaurant.

Chris R, General Manager at Oyster Reach Beefeater, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lesley

I have passed your comments onto the mgmt team and team here. We are sorry you did not enjoy your visit on this occasion. Please feel free to give me a call on 01473 692372

Regards
Chris

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for Mother’s Day, which was really easy to do over the phone. Had a Mother’s Day special menu which was smaller than the normal menu but was extremely reasonably priced and still had a brilliant range on. Food tasted fantastic, staff were really friendly and despite being busy we were not rushed at all!!! Highly recommend!!!

I will pass this onto the team who worked on the day

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Well I have to say I wasn’t really looking forward to todays meal as never been here and some reviews weren’t great . But as we left it to the last minute it was the only place we could get booked but omg I have to say that was the best meal I have had out in a very long time x the food was fabulous and our waitress Michelle done us proud and got everything spot on x
Thank you the oyster reach I had a lovely lunch out xx and we will definitely be returning

Reviewed 4 March 2018

took a friend for lunch with 40% off vouchers staff were excellent and the restaurant was very clean and tidy only minus was the very small portions on the mains and even with the vouchers I did not consider it to be value for money