“Fantastic restaurant, great hospitality!”

The Guildhall Tavern
Ranked #2 of 391 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$18 - US$64
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Classic French restaurant, reminded me of Brittany.

Great owner and the food was excellent, both fish and vegetarian.

Enjoyed by all!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,570)

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Went here for a pre wedding meal. Wow, staff were cheeky and charming. The food varied and delicious. No complaints, just good food, nice surroundings. Delightful. We shall return and recommend without reservation.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Now and again, you are simply charmed by the enomornity of service and quality of food.
We were the last table sitting for the evening pre-booked to sit out on the side terrace. Lucky we were as we discovered we couldn't smoke, (outside!) while other diners where there...each to there own I guess, but as it happened we lucked out as the other diners within had all gone within our 9.15pm booking.
The waitress immediately brought us an ashtray without any prompting, and our orders underway.
My scallops were to exquisite and as with my partners cheese souffle. Both matched with perfectly with wine by the glass to complement our starter. My Sancerre was chilled to perfection and was a delight to drink with the food as well as on a warm balmy night on tis own.

The waitress then upon clearing our starters offered to hold the call of 'away' for the main course to give us a chance to have our cigarette in between, again very insightful and considerate.

Although I had intended to eat fish that night, I fell for the rack of Lamb as it sounded sumptuous and I felt that this place would do it justice. Well it did as with my partners fillet steak, of which he had eaten all of it...and was stunning. We ordered a bottle of Corbiere with it. Which was very good. Surprisingly we only managed a glass each with our meal and without a flicker of attitude it was capped and bagged for us to take away. Apparently it was pretty common. More than I can say for some of the London eateries who would look down as it being cheap to do so! But why not when you are paying for it?

We will go back for sure next time we are in Poole and I look forward to trying their other delights!

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

We went with a couple of friends, the food was as delicious as ever and the service was fantastic. We love going to The Guildhall Hall and it never disappoints.
I had the Special of Skate Wing with Scollops my husband had the Turbot which again was a special. Our friends had the Fillet a Steak and Monk Fish. We all shared a couple of carafes of the house Muscadet wine.
We had a fantastic evening our friends recon it is the best meal out in a long time.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Never had a dissapointing dinner...and lunchtime was just as pleasing....lovely choices and just as delicious as ever.You can't go wrong here guaranteed perfection.