All reviews thyme restaurant car park fire station great central location vue cinema train station darlington town centre bars and restaurants new building visiting friends breakfast was excellent free wifi comfortable bed clean rooms main road friday evening comfortable stay
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 nights each week for the last fortnight here as I was working in Darlington and for the most part it was a comfortable stay. The rooms were both impeccably clean, the beds very comfortable (if a little high), staff were friendly and helpful at all times and the breakfast service was great. I only had problems during one night when a kid’s football team checked in late (after 11) and were allocated the rooms directly above mine - they were exceptionally noisy and heavy on their feet, running between rooms and jumping on the beds all night. Staff attempted to address the problem but with only a small measure of success. Otherwise this was a comfortable stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Premier inn is one of the best chain hotels in UK. I stayed at Darlington for one night only as part of my business trip. My room was huge and the mattress was very comfortable.The hotel is located about 4 min walk from the train station. I highly recommend the breakfast. It is just amazing and everything are very fresh. One of the best English breakfasts I have eaten.The rooms may be bit expensive compared to other hotels but I can assure you they worth every penny of it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Above standard Inn, quite new, very friendly staff . Centre of town, even though opposite Fire Station slept well without disturbance. Car park directly underneath Hotel. Wi-fi a disapointment. Overall an easy to get to comfortable city centre hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on business and choose it over Bannantynes due to the guaranteed good nights sleep slogan.

Unfortunately I as disappointed with my stay as I slept terribly being too hot under the duvet and too cold on top. Also the noise from the road outside during the night didn’t help.

Finally breakfast was poor compared to many other low budget hotels I stayed at with most of the food just left under the heat lamp for ages.

Not a good experience this time at a premier inn here’s hoping for better luck next time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Darlington Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the room temperature, noise due to the location and the breakfast.

Our reception team are available 24hrs and had you let us know of your issues then we could have offered a room change to a potentially quieter side away from the road.

We have passed all your feedback onto the team so they are aware so we can ensure this is not an experience shared by others.

I do hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We have just got back from a long weekend away stopping at Hotel. 2 nights with the family
Booking on line was faultless
Arrived and checked in very speedy and painless!
We had dinner in the restaurant on the Friday evening, the food was absolutely fine, but did think it could be a little cheaper
The room was clean, tidy and well presented
The beds were very comfortable- to be honest we love the beds at all Premier inns they have totally nailed that across the group.
Saturday morning breakfast was cracking lots of choice and cooked to perfection
The hotel assisted in arranging a taxi for a party we was attending
Sunday morning breakfast same as Saturday!
All in all a nice, easy and comfortable stay will definitely use again if up that way!

The only thing that could be better is the parking as this is an extra cost - be careful if you pay that on line it’s £8.10 for 12-24 hours at the machine £7.50
Would be good if a deal/reduced rate for guests could be brokered obviously this not a negative for the hotel

Happy travels