“Birthday Celebration”
Review of Capri @ the Vine

Capri @ the Vine
Ranked #67 of 470 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Description: Full Bar with lunchtime bar men 12:00 - 15:00 daily. Out door seating area and rooftop terrace. A La Carte Menu available in the restaurant daily.
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Went here for a birthday celebration as part of group of eight.

The was a good menu with plenty of options, including specials.

I ordered a starter from the specials and a neat and pasta dish, both were very tasty and well presented.

The place was busy for a Wednesday so only downside was 20 minutes wait to order food.

Will I go again? Probably

Date of visit: October 2018
Paymen K, Owner at Capri @ the Vine, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Zero atmosphere, bland menu with no Vegan options, feels like a production line, staff very friendly but felt forced and mechanical. More staff that clients, food is over priced for the quality. The heating was on on a warm evening which left two of our party feeling ill.

1  Thank Stephen C
Paymen K, Manager at Capri @ the Vine, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Great food and service is paramount to us so I'm sorry this wasn't your recent experience. I can assure you we will take action and share with our team. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

I came here for a meal with colleagues and clients. The decor is beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was very friendly.
The prices are a little top end but it's worth paying that extra.
Photos show ribs for starter, chicken with cajun spice for main and chocolate fudge cake for dessert. YUMMY

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Many thanks.

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Having passed Capri @ the vine many times we finally arranged, at quite short notice, to visit to celebrate our daughters birthday

On walking in and seeing the seven birthday balloons all around the place, clearly many families use this as for a great get together

We now know why.

We were perhaps fortunate as we visited at 6pm on Sunday, as on busy days I’d imagine it can feel very busy and I’ve seen some comments about this, but taking that aside, what a quality place this was.

From the welcoming entry and positive feeling you get from the great environment and clear high quality of the surroundings to the simply perfect service, the team, and it clearly is a team, nailed it.

Service was prompt, friendly, and really conscientious, nothing was too much trouble, and everything was done with a smile, just as we all would want, but also with good humour, a simply brilliant all round service, better than most we’ve experienced.

I am a little fussy, but nothing was too much trouble, Halibut without pesto, ‘I am sure we can, but let me check’ the perfect response, and yes they did, and it was great.

All round we sampled pasta, chicken, calzone and the Halibut, All were really very, very good and worth a re-order next time

Price wise the we averaged just under £40 a head including three rounds of drinks and desert, (including gins) and I’d say that was great value, I’d actually say it is excellent value.

We have found another great place for family get togethers and I hope it won’t be long before we return

Well done to the team, thank you for a great occasion

1  Thank Jmroberts43

Reviewed October 5, 2018

it was our first time at Capri and don't think we will be going back, service started off great then half way through the night we were left with empty glasses on our table and not a waiter in sight, we had to call somebody over to serve us, waited at least 45 minutes for our main to arrive which was below average for the price, and to top it off which i understand is not the restaurants fault, a group of 30 somethings which were sat near to us were backwards and forwards to the toilets which were situated next to us to fuel there apparent drug addiction and where making it very obvious what they where doing, this is not what i expect me and my family to witness while out celebrating a family meal.... Disgusting behaviour!!

1  Thank Nicky M