“Our 2nd Anniversary ”
Review of Qubana

Qubana
Reserve with OpenTable
Qubana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 474 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just celebrated our 2 year anniversary with a meal at Qubana. We had been trying to eat here since it had moved but had no luck without a reservation each time - even at 4pm. This is completely understandable as it was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had. We opted for the tapas and a few cocktails. I definitely recommend the raspberry daiquiri!! And the prawns in tomato sauce is an absolute must. That marinara sauce the prawns come in was so good we pretty much dipped everything else in it. The restaurant itself is also much nicer in its new surroundings. The booth we had was romantic and even in the packed room it felt private. We are looking forward to coming back here for sure and I have been telling everyone I know just how good it was!!! Definitely worth the wait!!

1  Thank rogersvictoria
MatthewQubana, Owner at Qubana, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Excellent - happy anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed September 14, 2017

I visited here a few weeks ago and when I first arrived I thought wow this looks really nice. We had booked a table to dine and decided to have a drink at the bar first .It was impossible to get served and the staff were not too nice to me .We then had the meal and thought the food and service was fantastic .I then realized that the bar is not for the sole use of dinners and gangs of load rowdy people shouting and swearing were basically next to our table .Sadly this concept does not work for me ,such a shame but I`ll not be back.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank mondayman

Thank you for your review. Your comments will not go un recognised. I am happy that the service in the restaurant was as it should be. We do try our best to manage the non dining customers and generally we do not have an issue with this. I am sorry that we will not be given another opportunity to make amends. Your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

We are old enough to remember the bank that sat proudly at the very centre of Wakefield all those years ago! Anyway, our friends booked a tapas there and met us on a rainy Tuesday night in September!

Qubana provided a welcoming ambience, lovely high ceilings and a tastefully designed modern bar in the theme of a cool place you might find in Cuba! Yes, palm trees and all the memorabilia. The only remaining banking clue was the old safe vault- I will try to book to eat inside this next time, just to say we did it !

Menu is simple and easy to follow, we had 6 dishes between two and as my wife eats like a lady, I was left to clear up the last bits on each delicious plate.

It was a bit tricky as hot and cold dishes came altogether and with 4 of us we were a bit pushed for space. ... perhaps they could have plonked us in a bigger booth style table set back a little, there were one or two spare when we arrived.

Minor comment, as everything went well, accurate and prompt delivery of 12 dishes, all tasty and everything got demolished in no time.

Service was pleasant and helpful, never pushy either.

Four of us, bottle of wine and drinks at the bar .... all for a ton, not bad !

We will return

Date of visit: September 2017

Thank you - i am please you like what we have done with the building, definitely try the vault next time, plenty of space in there for plenty more tapas!

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Love the new look, and the rooftop bar - beaut when it's sunny!

The food is amazing as always and the quality of the cocktails are good too.

Date of visit: June 2017

Thank you for your time in reviewing us!! We are looking into ways in which we can turn the terrace into a cosy winter spot to enjoy all year round!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Qubana has become our favourite place to visit, whenever we need a meal out or a little entertainment. Unlike many places in town, there is a mature adult clientele who wish to enjoy themselves without the grief that is found along the Westgate run!
The menu is a fusion of Spanish / Mediterranean / American dishes and I can honestly say we have never had a poor dish yet. The service is always pleasant & efficient, the bar is well stocked and the environment , music (often live) and company friendly and sociable.

Date of visit: September 2017

Excellent review thank you!