“... Another Review of a Very Good Hotel”

Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
London, United Kingdom
“... Another Review of a Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have written previous reviews on this hotel as I use it often. Everything before still stands, only stay here if price is right, otherwise you can use the express next door.

However since my last stay this hotel have introduced a themed buffet evening on Wednesdays which, if your lucky enough, to be staying over on a Wednesday will be a great treat for you.

The gym/pool attached is still a great addition for the hotel. The staff are also still very helpful and chatty which is a nice touch given most hotel staff are not interested.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you so much for writing a review.

Our theme nights are starting to get a lot of attention - with the Indian Night definitely the most popular.

So much so, that we are thinking of making every Wednesday: Indian Night!

Also look out for Steak Night, and Sunday Lunch - both coming soon!

Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Hampshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed here one night every week for the last 4 weeks for work and on the whole it ias been great.

There is a fitness room and pool on site, rooms are quiet and comfortable, and the breakfast buffet is great (priced ad £9.95pp).
Staff on reception are very helpful and welcoming and recognised me by the 3rd week, and made sure I was in a double bed without asking, as someone had switched me to single beds (whcih is naughty as I had booked a double).

If I had a couple of small whinges they would be that the hairdriers in the drawer are in the most awkward place and don't really stretch properly so I now bring my own, and also that checkout in the morning can be painfully slow, although as a trade-off, there is a nice member of staff that offers to make you a take-away cup of coffee for your journey, which is a very nice touch. Or you can make one yourself as the table with all the tea/coffees etc is right by the entrance door.

By the way, I now know they offer automatic check-out if you use the form in the pack in your room, or ask for a form when you check-in, so I will be doing that in future.

There is a Harvester pub about 4mins walk away that is reasonably priced if you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant.

Book early for the best price...Will be returning here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words.

As I write, Gemma, Reception Manager here at the Holiday Inn is briefing her team on the "Express Check Out" facility that we offer. Essentially (as you say) just check your bill through the TV in your room, fill in the form, and leave it in the little box located at Reception.

Some of our regular guests actually settle their accounts the night before which can also save time.

We like to have a quick chat with our guests in the morning - but completely understand that some want a very quick getaway. Hope it works for you (Don't forget to grab that coffee off us though!)

york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

spent 3nights for my - - birthday with my family could not fault any of the obliging and friendly staff the food was great there were games for the kids and i liked the fact there was an interacting manager who actually cared for the guests. Thanks for making a birthday to remember. Keep up the good work would definately recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
So so pleased that we helped you to make some lovely memories of your Birthday.

I really hope that we see you all again soon.

Kindest Regards and Best Wishes

pontypool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Very friendly & helpful staff particularly at the reception desk.
Had booked a double room but told that they were all taken, asked for an upgrade room & this was given.
The staff at the breakfast area were not as courtious but overall I would definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
You are so kind. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

However, the gloves are off now - my Breakfast team have taken the challenge to be more courteous than the Reception team (a little friendly competition never hurt anyone)!

Really look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest Regards

Zug
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed for one night recently. We had worked all day, had some issues with long queues at Heathrow and had driven for about 3 hours, so were ready for a shower, something to eat and a good sleep when we arrived.

On arrival there was nobody at reception. The foyer / bar is open plan, so the barman, once he noticed us came over and said he had called the receptionist who was “ busy and on his break”. The receptionist “ Luke” arrived and checked us in . He did not tell us the room number, but said it was written on the card. ( note I later asked about this, and keep in mind there was only us at the reception desk, and was told that it is company policy not to tell guests the room number in case someone else overhears; a new one on me!), We went up to the room indicated on the card but the door was locked. I went back down to reception, only to find Luke had again disappeared “ on his break”. The barman once again recalled a somewhat grumpy Luke who agreed that the style of his script had indeed misled us, and then, in direct contravention of the rules, told me the correct number. It had taken over 30 mins to check in and get to a room about 60 m away from our car by this time.

The rooms are lovely, the bathrooms well equipped and the hotel in a really nice spot, very convenient for anyone travelling in the area on, as we were, breaking the journey down to Cornwall. We had a lovely pizza in the bar and breakfast was excellent. Other than the receptionist the staff were attentive and helpful.

Room Tip: Check the number before you leave the reception desk
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so very much for posting a review.

Luke and I are really sorry that our communication was not better.

Indeed, following our conversation when you checked out, we have strictly re emphasised to the whole of Reception the need to write room numbers on key wallets very clearly during check in.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed so much of your stay, and I am sure we'll get check in right for you next time.

Once again I offer my sincerest apologies

Best Regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This has been by far the best of my recent stays in holiday inns. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Food was very good. Rooms satisfactory, all in all would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012
Thats absolutely wonderful to hear. We are all keeping your review in mind as our objective is to be the best! - so we'll keep working hard (it's great that you think we're on the right track)!
Hope to see you again soon.
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Desreves full marks in comparison to the other places I have stayed at in Taunton. The staff are maybe a little over the top being freindly (feels a bit false) but fair play to this hotel, food was very good, room very warm and clean.

Staff in the restaurant appeared to be working very long hours (doing early breakfast and late evening meals) but full credit to them as they did a cracking job.

Nice touch too with "coffe to go" at the entrance.

Very good hotel and will be happy to stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
I am delighted that you had such a good stay, and thanks very much for posting such a kind review. I am also delighted with my team, and promise you that they are a pretty genuine bunch who really do get a kick out of providing great hospitality!

Look forward to seeing you again when you are next down Taunton way.