See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beach, shops and night life. We had a room on the front with a lovely balcony and sea view. The room was tired and badly in need of some attention but was very clean. The doors were wallpapered which we found very odd! There was no breakfast offered, which was disappointing. Apparently the hotel doesn't do breakfast out if season.
It was ok for a one night stay but wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times and I am surprised to see poor reviews. The hotel is a traditional victorian seaside hotel set in a large Victorian villa overlooking the seafront.
The hosts simply cannot do enough for you and the full English is second to none.
I have spent many a late night in the small but cosy bar with my kids playing cards and board games and having a laugh with Sue and Grahame.
I have stayed in a couple of the family rooms which have obviously been adapted to put in modern bathrooms ensuite etc.
The hotel does have a lovely family feel about it and is interesting architecturally.
Cosy, comfy, welcoming and a great location across the road from the sea and a small walk into town. I would say that if you aren't very mobile there are quite a lot of steps in the hotel as its over a few floors.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

For some reason looking at these reviews some people must consider themselves hotel inspectors and bad ones at that. I've stayed at the Scarborough a few times now and the rooms are comfortable,clean,and the service & food are A1. If your one of those that read the first couple of reviews and make your mind up then i would say reconsider because these people in my opinion clearly don't know what their on about and that's also obvious by also looking at lodging world which is another site that people give reviews on. Anyway rant over. If you want somewhere nice and friendly and with a very cheap well stocked bar and also excellent for family's a stones throw from the beach and paddling pool over the road then this hotel is definitely the one for family's and couples alike.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The greatest recommendation I can give about this place is STAY AWAY!

We booked two rooms and at the time of booking we informed the owner we would not be able to get their until the evening as we were working during the day; this is not an unusual thing that happens. After talking to the owner the day before travelling, to confirm our booking, and also telling him we were looking forward to staying with them, we arrived on their doorstep.  We were met by a belligerent owner who told us our rooms had been given to someone else! ? When we asked why he said "I didn't think you were serious about coming"!??  I reminded him that I had confirmed the booking the previous day, but was told "Well the rooms have gone" and had the door closed in our face.  What kind of customer relations is this?  After a long journey it was an appalling way to be treated. I would never set foot in this establishment as long as these owners run it.   You have been warned!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nigel J
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Nice, clean room. Great location. Great value for money. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012