All reviews dual carriageway swimming pool executive room leisure facilities leisure club christmas party good size breakfast staff ample parking would stay again buffet style meadowhall shopping centre bar area saturday night one night stay very pleasant stay hot food
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having stayed at a Holiday Inn earlier the same week that was a terrible experience I was hoping the Sheffield stay was going to be better and I was not disappointed, When I arrived the staff at the desk couldn't be more helpful I got a free upgrade without asking to the executive suite. The staff booked me a table for my evening meal as well. When I went to dinner the staff again couldn't be more helpful and the food was excellent. You would have thought my previous nights stay was at a different group hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here in Rotherham. It's great to hear such a positive review and I am so pleased that you had such a great stay with us! I hope you can stop with us again soon and once again thank you for your kind feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Like other chains you know what you are going to get at a Holiday Inn. That is why when visiting an area it is a safe bet. Welcome on arrival was very warm. Our two rooms both as we would hope for - clean, updated bathroom with effective shower and overall good insulation so we weren't disturbed by other guests.

We ate in the restaurant Saturday evening and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Food served hot, well presented, tasted good, decent portion sizes and service was good. You know the prices aren't going to be that cheap when you are a captive audience but we felt it was overall good value and enjoyed the evening.

Breakfast, in contrast, was absolutely shocking. Front of house staff were responsive and we got sat down and drinks served straight away. However, what was going on in the kitchen - goodness knows. There was no hot breakfast (other than beans and mushrooms) for about thirty minutes. People were in a queue waiting for food. When it eventually came you can tell it was your worst nightmare. Bacon cooked in the microwave - slices stuck together, covered in water, no crisping at all. Sausages had been rushed through a combi oven. They were poor quality so the balls of fat in the sausage had expanded due to the microwave causing water to spurt out when the skin was broken. Hash browns had also hardly seen an oven... so it went on. I notice a theme here in that others have said food replenishment is very poor. The only bakery products were slices of bread and half a dozen dried up pastries that were meant to be chocolate brioche. Fruit salad and forest fruits all left depleted. Hygiene is also an issue. No splashbacks, food uncovered, cereals in bowels all positioned where people were waiting a long time for hot food. Clearly, one guest was less than well so the thoughts of taking food which had been subject to people coughing over it were far from pleasant. The restaurant staff kept busy on their admin as we returned to our rooms - probably fearful of negative feedback. Only at check-out when asked about our stay did I mention this. An apology was offered and the promise of passing our comments on was made. I hope at least some of this is acted upon for the sake of future guests.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay. It's so great to hear your comments regarding the evening meal you had in our restaurant, I am glad you enjoyed it. I am sorry to read your comments about breakfast, I can assure you these will be passed onto the relevant departments to be rectified going forward as I understand this has impacted your otherwise positive stay with us. I hope if you return to the area, you do choose to stop with us again and we can prove to you your breakfast experience is not the norm. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All I can say is this might be our new regular hotel. Me 3 children booked a room thought it was Over price but definitely was worth it pool was open til ten pm could swim at nite and after breakfast. Breakfast was gorgeous only down fall was no trays the plates are to hot to handle. Our room was so big it was a suite definitely would like this room again staff were lovely spa was so warm. Ordered pizza an chips was kinda cool but tastes lovely all fresh to order an gf free chips must ask for them not o on menu. Even little mini bar had water an chocolate in

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Rotherham. It's so great to hear that you had such a good time here and you enjoyed the room, the breakfast and the pool! Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for the weekend. The check in was quick, staff were friendly, the room was big, clean and the bed was comfy. There was no problems with noise from the bar or function room were a wedding party took place.
The bar and restaurant was overly priced

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here in Rotherham. I am so glad you found the check in to be easy and you found our staff to be friendly. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon and thank you again for you review!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

As a business stop, the hotel compares to many others.
Staff are friendly & helpful, if a little slow to take orders or even offer desert menus.
Breakfast is basically help yourself to died food, if you want continental you need to be up early before the bread rolls disappear.
Room is ok, but as I had diagonal windows the curtains did not close fully.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Rotherham Sheffield. It's so good to hear you have found the staff to be friendly and helpful. However your feedback regarding breakfast is disappointing, I will pass your comments on to the relevant department so these issues can be rectified for future stays. Once again thank you for your review and I hope we can welcome you back soon!