“A very enjoyable visit”

and 1 more site!
Lynebank Guest House
Ranked #36 of 61 Carlisle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This former hotel is now a guest house offering just bed and breakfast. On arrival we were welcomed by the owner Amir who was very helpful and charming. The building is mainly georgian so has a lot of character. Our room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. We were so pleased that we booked another night a week later for our return journey from Scotland. We had a different room but that was just as clean and comfortable. It is excellent value for money at the rates Amir charges. There are nearby options for an evening meal and we could have eaten a take away in the breakfast room if we wanted to. We opted for a pub meal at the Graham Arms in nearby Longtown which was good.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter as the guest house is on the main road although this is not very busy...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I stasis here with a friend on a motorcycle trip to Scotland. The room was spacious and clean. We spent a plesant evening in the bar. Breakfast was ok and overall value for money was very good. The owner allowed us to park our bikes in view of the entrance and we felt they were safe for the night. Goo stop.iff point for travelling into Scotland.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Myself my husband and daughter went away to Gretna and have a wee overnight stay here. Lovely wee place very quiet room nice 4 poster bed really comfy breakfast lovely overall lovely wee place. So will pop by again next time we are by that was

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We booked this stay the day before, mainly due to price. It's in an ideal location for a stopover on a journey between Scotland and England.
We were met by Amir who was very friendly, he advised he had given us a free upgrade as he felt the room we had booked might be too small with the dog.
(We did have to pay an additional £10 for the dog which is a bit on the expensive side for this type of b and b)
The room was very large, one double and two single beds with a spacious shower room.
There were tea and coffee making facilities and Amir kindly gave us a jug of fresh milk as we weren't keen on the milk cartons.
Although we could hear traffic, it didn't disturb our sleep too much.
The shower cubicle was spacious and I really enjoyed my shower.
There was a choice of cereal,fresh fruit,yoghurt and fruit juice followed by a setcooked breakfast,which included bacon,egg,sausage,cherry tomatoes and fresh mushrooms. It was all cooked well, the only downside was the sausage, but I am fussy about sausages and it wasn't the best.
For the price we paid this was definitely value for money

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Brilliant spot! Despite I was on crutches and had to go up the stairs but a staff member said did say if he could he souls give us a down stairs room but they was none! Room was spot on and clean. Food was lovely

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017

As has been mentioned in previous reviews the owner Amir is a pleasant chap. From there it went downhill. The room is very poorly insulated from road noise from the A7. Unless you're a really heavy sleeper you'll need earplugs. The cleanliness (or lack of it) was more worrying. Most surfaces hadn't been dusted and the things you would hope to be clean weren't including the kettle and the tea tray. The TV was grimy and there was food left behind one of the bedside cabinets. It was patently obvious the shower and window frames had seen weeks of neglect regarding any sort of housekeeping. If you think I'm exaggerating see the photographs. I mentioned all this to the owner at breakfast and he said he had someone who worked part time cleaning but I said they weren't doing their job properly. I paid £42.50 which was good value but had I seen the rooms poor state of cleanliness I wouldn't have booked.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Lynebank H, Owner at Lynebank Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear Guest thank you very much for your comments, I took your concerns seriously but I would like to say my concerns about your stay, as you have mentioned that you paid 42.50£ for your stay for a room usual price is £75 with full English breakfast, the amount of damage you have done to four poster bed is over 80£ . I have reported it to Booking.com as well with photos. I should have charged your card for the damage. I don't understand what you were trying to do with the bed probably (making a swing) which is shame. I don't welcome such guests in my B&B. If you was not happy with the state of the room you should have mentioned it during your stay and leaving nasty comments on tripadvisor, it is considered a bad practice. I can send you the photos of the bed for your record. Thanks

Reviewed 9 January 2017

As a frequent traveller i have to stay out many nights each month.
I booked this hotel for first time primarily due to price . Single rooms start at £26 per night and have en-suite toilet / shower, flat tv and room has tea / coffee making facilities (never seen so many coffee pouches and milks and things in one room).
For the price YOU WONT FIND BETTER , this includes full english breakfast.
The hotel is right beside main A7 so very easy to access and looks well from outside. Inside is good with all areas clean and decently decorated.
To be honest , rooms are fine although the bed i had (double at single room rate) was a bit old with springs so was a little sqeaky but really comfortable. The only other thing was curtains on window were about 6 inches short so didnt go right down to bottom of window but was overlooking a courtyard so privacy wouldnt have been a problem.
WIFI in all areas and is free
Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. (starts at 7am)
OVERALL i really cant fault what i got for my money and would recommend this hotel to anyone . I will certainly use the hotel again if staying in this area for the value , service , quality and location . (its 3 minute drive from junction 44 of M6 and a ten minute drive from centre of carlisle . (on major bus route carlisle to edinburgh )

Please note , booking directly with this hotel is always cheaper than booking sites and you reserve and pay on arrival.

Room Tip: just ask for best available room and im sure they will allocate
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business