See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just stayed in this lovely little bed and breakfast!! and was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern our room was. As soon as we entered the front door we were made to feel welcome and knew instantly I'd made a good choice. As being one of the cheapest in the area I was slightly worried about what it would be like but honestly it was fab!! I thought being in a non ensuite room would be a problem for me but as there was a bathroom for the top three rooms to share it wasn't a problem at all. The room was well equipped with large LCD TV, complimentary tea tray and the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was lovely. The lady who owns the bed and breakfast is friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have stayed at Ashbourne Guest House for a few nights while looking for a house to rent in Carlisle and it was absolutely perfect - once arrived I was really glad I had picked this one. The room was warm, comfortable and very nicely decorated, the bed very comfortable and the welcome tray well stocked with bisucits and all you need to make yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee. Breakfast was also lovely and the owner made me feel very welcome,and even my 2 dogs were welcome too. The whole place is spotless and very welcoming. When I first looked it up I was a bit concerned about the guest house being located on a road that I thought might be rather busy but my room was to the front of the house on the ground floor and noise was absolutely no issue at all. I had a lovely stay and would highly recommend this guest house to anyone looking for a B&B in Carlisle.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had a lovely stay in a modern, clean, en-suite double room which was furnished to a high standard. In room amenities included a well stocked welcome tray with tea, coffee and biscuits and a television with Freeview box.

Caron the owner is friendly, informative and helpful - I have a broken arm at the moment and she very kindly picked me up and dropped me off at the train station. I arrived in the middle of a family birthday party and she brought me a little plate of food which was most welcome! Breakfast was included in the very reasonable rates and she even made me a pack-up lunch for the train journey home!

Will definitely stay again if I am ever in Carlisle again. Thank you Caron.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bubbles73uk
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a fantastic welcoming and was made to feel very much at home. The owner has done a brilliant job in modernising the guest house and made it very comfy.

Everything absolutely spotless. Couldn't ask for anything more from a guest house. Excellent value for money. Breakfast spot on!

Would highly recommend.

Stayed only one night and was an excellent overnight stopping point between Ayr racecourse and Nottingham racecourse! Will def use again if in this part of the world.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just spent two nights in this wonderful B&B. The rooms are spotlessly clean with modern bathrooms,colour tv and free wifi. The owner Karen made a delicious breakfast and attended to our every need. She even looked online for activities for us to do whilst we ate breakfast. Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a B&B in Carlise. Will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends