See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2017

We spent one night here on our Hadrian's Wall walk. We arrived late in afternoon after a rainy walk. Our hostess Julie took our wet gear off to dry it and brought us tea in the lounge. The owners provided transportation to and back from a local pub for dinner. The room was comfortable and very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2016

What a lovely place! Located on a working dairy farm with views worth a million!

The beds were comfy, the breakfast was fantastic!

The views from the windows out to the marsh were like postcards! I really enjoyed our stay here! Thank you for the hospitality in your obviously very busy lives.

P.S. the white horse in the stall is a phone eater. I had to pry my iphone from it's lips (my fault LOL) I had it tucked in my bra and the devil stole it right off me . . hahahahaha

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Highfield Farm is a working dairy farm, with cows, horses, chickens and a very special feeling. The farm has been in the family for over 100 years and they are working hard to keep it going. Our room was large and very comfortable and breakfast was delicious with some menu items we hadn't seen before. Julie, our hostess, drove us to and from the local pub for dinner. The views of the estuary are gorgeous. It's well worth a stop.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed September 1, 2016

Delightful rooms in an Edwardian house at a working farm with polite and mature children and a lovely hostess. Great breakfast. Highly recommend! The views over the Solway Firth and the fields of the farm were wonderful, as was the jacuzzi and bathrobe.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Spent the night on our Hadrian Wall walk and loved this B&B. From the robes and slippers to the ride to the closest pub it was a great stay. Good breakfast and really enjoyed the conversations with the owner

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple