See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Booking was easy.. Rang the b&b spoke directly to the owner made the reservation as easy as that! Arrived early in the morning before 7.30am.. No trouble provided breakfast for my daughter upon request!!.. Rooms are big and airy. Very clean! Breakfast is excellent!!.. Nothings to much trouble!.. Will definately go back again!

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Only about 10 minute walk from the station, very quiet location considering its close to town centre. Rooms very clean and meet their purpose of a comfortable nights sleep.

Plenty of Cereals on offer, Good Choice of Cooked Items that you order the day before with your serving time too which is nice if you want a bit of a lie in ! Christine and Duncan very pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I always try to make reservations directly with small properties, to save them commissions, and it always seems to come back to bite me. I made a booking on the Townhouse B&B website and received a confirmation letter from a company called "eviivo" that said if I need to cancel, contact the B&B directly. Unfortunately I did need to cancel and I sent an email to the B&B, well in advance of their 48 hour cancellation deadline.

When I did not hear back, I called the hotel and was told "Yes, I saw your email, but because you booked through eviivo, I ignored it. You have to cancel with them." I pointed out I didn't book through eviivo, and in any case the cancellation instructions were to contact the hotel directly. The person I spoke with said she would call eviivo and get back to me, but of course she never did.

So now I'm fighting with eviivo to get my deposit back. However, the reason I'm leaving a negative review is because any time you're told, "I saw your email, but ignored it" should be a big red flag to stay as far away from a company as possible.

Or at the very least, ensure you book through a reputable travel agency who will take care of these things for you.

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed October 30, 2012

very warm and friendly was 10 min from m6 and easy to find was 5 min walk to town center i stayed in a single room witch was lovely plenty of space tv kettle alarm clock bed was comfey parking is on road out side so can c car breakfest was wot i wanted from the list i was given will b useing again as very happy

Room tip: any room will do upon wot u want it for singal or double
Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

A friendly, warm, and cosy B&B.

Large bedroom, crisp white cotton sheets, ensuite with lashings of hot water. Tea, coffee, and a Kit Kat biscuit in the room.

Good cooked breakfast, let down a little by poor quality greasy sausages.

Parking at the door with free permit supplied. Less than a ten minute walk into town.

Recommended.