All reviewscourtyard gardennice guesthouseroom was beautifully decoratedb and blondon roadlimited parkinggreat place to staypubs and restaurantslovely ownersclose to the train stationcomfortable nightbreakfast was deliciousa lovely stayfriendly welcomegreat sleepcomfortable bedsfull english
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

This has to be the best guest house weve ever stayed in!! All the staff are so friendly. The owners cant do enough for you. Spotlessly clean especially the bathroom. Fantastic place to stay will def be back!! Breakfast was delicious.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Lovely B&B owners were friendly and welcoming. Stayed in the garden suite which was cozy and comfortable. Stayed for my birthday and was given a card and bottle of proseco which was a nice surprise. Location is brilliant it is only a short walk into the city center. Breakfast was nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheHonestExplorer
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

I have a feeling we were less than ideal guests but they were excellent hosts; very welcoming and really went out if their way to help us have an enjoyable stay.
We arrived for a wedding early on Saturday morning. Their check in time is usually around 2pm but we asked in advance if we could check in earlier and when we arrived at 11.15 we only had to wait about 5 minutes. The rooms were lovely - very spacious, all amenities you would need, very comfy beds.
We arrived back very late that night and had trouble getting in the front door. I felt very bad for inconveniencing them but they got up to let us in and accepted our apologies very graciously.
The following morning we were going to skip breakfast and sleep in a bit later but they offered to extend the breakfast hours for us slightly. I'm delighted they did because the food was delicious and again the service was friendly and very charming.
I would highly recommend staying here - the service couldn't be better, it was only a 10 minute walk from the centre of Carlisle and was very good value for money.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Niamh S
Reviewed June 2, 2018

Stayed 2 nights, and couldn't find fault with anything. Lovely ground floor garden room. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and informative. The place was very clean and tidy. Breakfast excellent. Would def recommend this to anyone looking for a good value B and B.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nasaYorkshire
Reviewed June 2, 2018

This is basic accommodation, clean and comfortable, but noisy at the front of the building until 10pm, and then very noisy within the building from 6am. Parking is extremely limited, and I squeezed into a very awkward space, only to be told I needn't have bothered! The proprietor was very welcoming, but when I asked to change room, I very much got the impression from his wife that the place is there for the benefit of the owners, not the guests. The shower dial in my room was incorrectly installed, but there was no explanation of this. Lastly, the older waitress really needs to be replaced - I watched with apprehension at breakfast as she piled up far too much on a tray, with no regard for the loud and disturbing clatter she was creating; sure enough she got to the hall and dropped the lot.

Room Tip: Back of building
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo