All reviews sauna and steam room the ritz clean bed trouser press plenty of parking would stay again excellent value for money yogurt tea and coffee city centre one night stay full english breakfast overnight stop salmon yarn steamroom swallow
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We stayed here for one night on our way to Europe. The staff were really pleasant and helpful although it seemed a bit understaffed so they were very busy. Rooms were clean. The swimming pool was a great feature that my kids really enjoyed. Decor is a little bit tired but this is reflected din the price. Would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner visited here for a nice relaxing weekend, the spa facilities are excellent and staff very friendly but as we came to sleep at night we where kept awake by drunks shouting in the corridor. Although this did eventually stop around 3am we did manage to get some sleep. So I can only say if you visit here over a weekend bring ear plugs if your wanting sleep

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2018

My partner booked into this hotel thinking it was a boutique hotel. He apparently missed some of the obvious signs it wasn’t. The hotel itself it clean, nice staff and a reasonable restaurant. The breakfast was really good and no worse than any other breakfast offered at other hotels I’ve been to. The location is actually great, it was quiet and only a 15 minute walk top to the centre of town.

I’ve marked this as a budget hotel, and thus my mark is based on my view of what to expect in a budget hotel. I would have rated it higher excepting the elevator is out of order, with no apparent plans to repair it. The decor was quite dated and there were obvious signs of renovation needed. Regarding the elevator, the hotel did have signs indicating they would help with bags if required.

Room Tip: No elevator, be prepared to pack light or ask for ground floor room
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

OK, we paid £65 plus an extra £5 each for a buffet breakfast for a family room. For that we got a large room, including a little side room for our 6 year old boy.

The room was fine, with a large TV. You can find faults, if you wish. It wasn't modern. The furniture looked a bit old. This isn't all mod cons luxury. This was a perfectly comfortable room for £65. There was a leisure centre with a gym, steam rooms and a pool. I only went in the pool and it was fine. Again, don't expect David Lloyd...I can't emphasise enough this was £65.

Breakfast had a good choice, they ran low on stuff and filled it up. Black pudding, bacon, sausage, egg, beans, toast, fruit etc etc. A waiter was lovely with our little boy and brought him a yoghurt.

Good location, 10-15 minute walk to the centre of Carlisle. It's opposite B&Q/Pizza hut...it's actually easy to miss from the main road. Everyone was friendly...We turned up to the pool a couple of minutes to 8, so the lady got someone to open up.

If you're the type to complain about instant coffee when you're paying £5 for an all you can eat breakfast then it could be this hotel isn't for you. Anyone who has stayed in hotels will be able to find fault. If you really wanted to you could probably find lots. But this was £75 for a comfortable family room including breakfast (kids breakfast is free) and a pool. What no-one can really find fault with is the value.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Booked this transient Hotel thinking ,, ok a wee stopover on our way South .. Bad idea , the place was a bit of a dump ,scarily so , dirty toilet , broken sink , bad smell , worn out carpets and décor ….. too expensive to say its a cheap hotel .. but its a cheap hotel ..

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple