The View
Pear Tree Inn(Welwyn Garden City)
US$91
US$89
US$78
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)
US$154
US$122
US$104
US$89
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel(Hatfield)(Great Value!)
US$73
PremierInn.com
US$43
Travelodge
US$68
US$104
Brocket Hall(Welwyn Garden City)
All reviewsfairway taverndance floorview barfull englishattending a weddingmodern lookshower gelconvenient placegolf clubnext morningcannot faultnight stayclarefairwaysdjsettingvenue
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

I booked because I needed a room at short notice, and this was at the lower end of the price bracket. I arrived late, and was promptly shown to my room (which involved going outside and down some steps. The path was not well lit, and there is shrubbery, so not suitable for anyone nervous about traveling alone).

The place is a tavern on the golf course, and the rooms are underneath the bar area. They look out into the green - pleasant enough but be prepared to be woken by the grass cutters.

The room was a single, and it was small and quite basic. The bed was very soft, but I slept well enough. The ensuite was warm, clean and well laid out. The towels were good, but there was just one shower gel pump on the wall (bring your own shampoo and conditioner!).

There was a kettle, tea and coffee in the room. No sign of a WiFi password, so I simply used 3G. Breakfast was not included, and I’m not actually sure it’s available.

(Due to a mix up with Booking.com I was charged twice; the staff refunded me as soon as they spotted the issue.)

Overall it was “good enough” but I would look for somewhere different next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2017

After booking the fairway tavern over a year ago ..... we were not disappointed. The venue was fabulous ,clean , tidy (even after an afternoon function). Staff were on top of everything , breakfast after a night stay was slow due to a golf society turning up ..but all was rectified
Staff were also honest enough to let us know they had found a pandora charm , which has since been reunited with its owner ....FANTASTIC place for a party

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Booked 2 rooms for 4 days for my brother and sister family reunion visit. Room's were to a good standard and the setting was great looking out on the golf complex.
About 3 miles from A1M and 2 miles from the town centre and railway station. My brother and sister were very satisfied with the accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
fairwaytavern, Manager at The View, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Emma Carroll

Reviewed August 24, 2017

We just needed a room where we could get our head down for a few hours. Even so this was a disappointment. The room was very small and in need of refurbishment. Maintenance was also required, some of the grouting around the shower cubicle was black, the toilet flush was poor and the bedside lamp was defunct. The bathroom door did not shut and a previous occupant had pulled the door handle off. The bar area was very down market and not like any other Clubhouse that I have visited. On the plus side it was quiet, had large towels, helpful staff and a decent enough breakfast. In summary OK for a night but I would not stay again.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are aware that the rooms are in need of a refurb and we are in the process of changing ownership, where this is the top of their priority list.
The rooms are small and are not advertised otherwise. The rooms were cleverly converted from disused storage space into guest accommodation and have everything you need for an overnight stay. I'm glad you found the staff friendly and were happy with breakfast. The issues you raised will be addressed as soon as possible.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

We stayed here in a couple of rooms for the night. Good location and helpful receptionist. Our room, No.2 was fine except for blind not closeable and bathroom extractor fan not working. Our daughters room, No.1 again blind broken, room very dusty and extractor fan very noisy. Shame. as otherwise it was a convenient place in a picturesque setting. Breakfast at 9am on a Saturday was too late for us to try it

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple