US$72
US$63
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$153
US$122
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)(Great Value!)
US$67
PremierInn.com
Brocket Hall(Welwyn Garden City)
Hotels.com
Abacus B&B(Welwyn Garden City)
The Brocket Arms(Welwyn Garden City)
TripAdvisor
Pear Tree Inn(Welwyn Garden City)
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Welwyn Garden City(Welwyn Garden City)
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfairway tavernview barfull englishmodern lookattending a weddingshower gelconvenient placegolf clubcannot faultnext morningfriendly helpful staffnight stayclarefairwayssettingvenuefunction
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

i attended a christmas do at the fairway tavern on the 9th of this month and considering the recent change over of management i can truly say that i was very impressed, j was expecting it to be all over the place however i got the complete opposite and as i had my christmas do here last year as well, i was very impressed with the very obvious changes that have taken place already. The staff that i encountered on the night were so friendly and lovely and created a great atmosphere for the customers. One of the waitresses are a great credit to the fairway, she was consistent and was very friendly. She came over plenty of times asking if everything was ok and if there was anything she could get us, this stood out as no one else came over to us and i didn't see them the others go to any other tables. It was very clear she knew what she was doing and was always over checking the other waitresses to make sure they was doing everything ok, i asked her if she was the manager as she appeared young and i was shocked when she said she wasn't. I didn't get her name however she was the only one one serving that had brown hair and she deserves to be recognised

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

I booked because I needed a room at short notice, and this was at the lower end of the price bracket. I arrived late, and was promptly shown to my room (which involved going outside and down some steps. The path was not well lit, and there is shrubbery, so not suitable for anyone nervous about traveling alone).

The place is a tavern on the golf course, and the rooms are underneath the bar area. They look out into the green - pleasant enough but be prepared to be woken by the grass cutters.

The room was a single, and it was small and quite basic. The bed was very soft, but I slept well enough. The ensuite was warm, clean and well laid out. The towels were good, but there was just one shower gel pump on the wall (bring your own shampoo and conditioner!).

There was a kettle, tea and coffee in the room. No sign of a WiFi password, so I simply used 3G. Breakfast was not included, and I’m not actually sure it’s available.

(Due to a mix up with Booking.com I was charged twice; the staff refunded me as soon as they spotted the issue.)

Overall it was “good enough” but I would look for somewhere different next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2017

After booking the fairway tavern over a year ago ..... we were not disappointed. The venue was fabulous ,clean , tidy (even after an afternoon function). Staff were on top of everything , breakfast after a night stay was slow due to a golf society turning up ..but all was rectified
Staff were also honest enough to let us know they had found a pandora charm , which has since been reunited with its owner ....FANTASTIC place for a party

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Booked 2 rooms for 4 days for my brother and sister family reunion visit. Room's were to a good standard and the setting was great looking out on the golf complex.
About 3 miles from A1M and 2 miles from the town centre and railway station. My brother and sister were very satisfied with the accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
fairwaytavern, Manager at The View, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Emma Carroll

Reviewed August 24, 2017

We just needed a room where we could get our head down for a few hours. Even so this was a disappointment. The room was very small and in need of refurbishment. Maintenance was also required, some of the grouting around the shower cubicle was black, the toilet flush was poor and the bedside lamp was defunct. The bathroom door did not shut and a previous occupant had pulled the door handle off. The bar area was very down market and not like any other Clubhouse that I have visited. On the plus side it was quiet, had large towels, helpful staff and a decent enough breakfast. In summary OK for a night but I would not stay again.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are aware that the rooms are in need of a refurb and we are in the process of changing ownership, where this is the top of their priority list.
The rooms are small and are not advertised otherwise. The rooms were cleverly converted from disused storage space into guest accommodation and have everything you need for an overnight stay. I'm glad you found the staff friendly and were happy with breakfast. The issues you raised will be addressed as soon as possible.