All reviews world cup housing estate top floor executive room quiet area business trip single bed an upgrade full english breakfast pleasant stay weekend break short stay air conditioning reception staff stayed here for one night plenty of parking saturday night
Reviewed August 15, 2018

The hotel is about as well hidden as you can make it - it's quite literally in the middle of a residential housing estate. First impressions weren't good as it looks like some kind of institution like a hospital or a nurses home. There was also no parking as the car park was full with 14 BT Openreach vans.
When I made the booking it was in the middle of the hot weather so I wanted to have air-conditioning in the room - however I was told if I wanted air con I would have to upgrade to an Executive room.
If what I had was an Executive room I dread to think what an ordinary room was like. I was right up in the attic on the 4th floor - the lift only goes to the 3rd floor so all the "Executives" then have to carry their cases up a flight of stairs. The room had a sloping roof which I absolutely hate as it gives the impression the ceiling is closing in on you. Other than that the room was quite light but not particularly modern in design -overall I would describe it as small but OK.
Lots of lovely hot water with the shower.
Food- I ordered room service & breakfast and dinner were both OK (though when I ordered dinner - chicken wrapped with parma ham - I asked if it came with vegetables - meaning greens - & was told yes - it arrived with nothing other than mashed
potato).
All the staff - especially the guy who brought my room service - were lovely.
Overall I'll give this hotel a 5 out of 10.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Andrew_B_HCH, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your review helps us to improve for future guests. Please note as a 3 star hotel we are not required to have air conditioning in any of the rooms, we do have air conditioning in 35% of our rooms including the executive rooms which are of a 4 star standard. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Had a one night stay and was welcome with nice customer service . The room is nice and just right for the price . I would say that some of the furniture could do with an upgrade but overall a nice stay .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Andrew_B_HCH, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I arrived here on Saturday afternoon 28th July. Had booked through Priceline. The hotel rate was much cheaper. A lesson learnt, check with the hotel directly as very often they will either match or have special offers.

From the moment I arrived I was treated with absolute courtesy and the staff especially Daniel did everything to make my stay outstanding.

I had booked a double, but the mattress was a little hard. I was immediately offered an alternative. Daniel then offered me the Lake Room for a small extra charge per day.

The room is absolutely gorgeous. 5*. Beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean, and I have a beautiful curved floor to ceiling window with access to the gardens.

The staff here are all so polite and helpful, they go the extra mile to provide the guests with any requests.

I have booked another week as I cannot praise this hotel enough.

Only issue and it’s mine is I don’t have a car. So travelling is difficult as the hotel is in the suburbs. That’s not the hotels fault as it’s so peaceful.

I would definitely stay here forever. It’s a beautiful room, and have exceptional staff who have made me feel welcome from the day I arrived. Thank you Best Western and thank you Daniel.

Wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue M

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used to improve our products and services to guests in the future. Please note when staying again we are able to offer a discount on your room, food and beverage. This is available by booking direct with the hotel.

Thanks Again and see you soon

Reviewed July 26, 2018

I have stayed at this hotel through choice on a number of occasions due to business. I have always felt welcome as the service and polite professionalism is at a high level here. The rooms are of a good standard and at last a hotel with working / quiet air con. A particular bonus right now. Attentive appropriate staff in the bar and restaurant make it a relaxing stay so thanks again. Would recommend for business or leisure.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Andrew_B_HCH, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time and responding on trip advisor
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us finding your room to a high standard and an excellent bar and restaurant
I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We would like to thank Kaska and all the staff that contributed to making our wedding the best day ever! Everything went perfectly (even the football between the ceremony and wedding breakfast!) all of our guests had nothing but favourable comments, and we would not hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone! Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for the excellent staff! A lovely setting on a lovely day. Thank you so much Kaska and team x

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank PaulaRob2018
Andrew_B_HCH, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time and responding on trip advisor
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your day and found everything to your liking.
I have passed your kind comments onto Kaska and the team
I hope to welcome you back the hotel again in the future