“The perfect restful place after a long flight into Heathrow!”

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The perfect restful place after a long flight into Heathrow!

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was very pleased with a deal I got for £89 for a standard room and two weeks parking. I was even more pleased when I checked in and was offered a free upgrade to a superior room. I’m not sure why they did this, but I can only think that they saw a rather rude customer push past me when I entered the lobby and that they were concerned I may have had a poor initial impression of the place. The upgrade gave me access to the executive lounge and free WiFi. I used the excellent well equipped large gym and small but nice pool with Jacuzzi and steam room. I did not eat here or use the bar because of my late arrival and early flight. The following morning I used the door to door hopper bus to get to the airport terminal.

I found the Marriott to be very well equipped and clean and I also found the staff to be extremely polite and helpful. I would have no hesitation using this place next time I take a flight.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaffUK
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel rates 4 stars because it has a bar and restaurant, as well as meeting rooms and whatever other amenities go into those star ratings. However, it is old and tired looking; the rooms are perfectly decent, but the hallways are smelly and the layout is bizarre. It feels like a 3 Star property, no more.

We had no complaints about the staff; always pleasant and helpful. Biggest gripe? Expensive internet! Come on, UK! Join the rest of the world in the 21st Century. If we had paid the daily rate to connect our 3 devices for the 2 days we stayed, it would have cost the equivalent of CAD $142. I can buy 6 months' worth of broadband for that amount. What is the point of charging guests an outrageous fee for what is complimentary in most countries?

Airport transfers via 'Hoppa' bus... 4 GBP per person or ask the desk to call a taxi service who will charge about 10 GBP. (The black cabs quote 28-30 GBP.)

Next time, we'll try the HI Express T5, down the road.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

There's nothing particularly great or particularly disturbing about this Marriott. Service is good, not great. Rooms are more on the institutional side of Marriott and a bid dated. But the restaurant was quite good. If you're exploring Windsor/Slough and want to be a short drive to Heathrow, and you're not expecting a 5 star experience - you'll be happy here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2012

One night stay as part of a business trip. Superb hotel. Staff very helpful, couldn't fault the room . Cannot comment on the evening meal as ate out but the breakfast had a very big choice and catered for all needs and was very good. Overall a top stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel on business - to attend a conference - stayed on the Executive floor - but when I needed to do some work in my room - was told I would be charged for internet access.

Why make this difficult for guests who are paying to stay in this hotel at business rates. This seems non sensical why you would charge - just to irritate your guests?.... and of course the admin involved in getting access by phoning up and getting it sorted out.

Other hotels I stay in for business this is not an issue - why does the Marriott make it one?..
I wont stay by choice in a Marriott.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lahf1
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Great reception but the rest of the experience was poor
Restaurant was like a scene from Faulty Towers and overpriced
Fed up with overpriced UK hotels and I'm British !

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Nickpowa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
4.9 km away
2.8 km away
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
3.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Slough

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!