“Great price, budget hotel”
Review of Rivelyn Hotel

Rivelyn Hotel
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here at the beginning of June for 2 nights. The hotel is cheap and cheerful. It is an old building, so noisy floorboards, and 'slanted' floors, walls etc should be expected. If you just want somewhere to sleep while exploring the local area this hotel is perfect. It isn't the cleanest or modernist hotel, yes it could do with a few licks of paint, and a few small alterations would make a huge difference, but at the end of the day it is somewhere to sleep that is very cheap. The beds were comfy, and the bedding and towels were freshly washed. The room was 'cleaned' daily. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so unable to comment on that.
The location is great, and a 10 min walk to the central shopping area, the beach and sea front is a little further but the views are worth the walk.
The wifi is slow but if you are on holiday who needs it anyway!
The staff on reception were lovely, and very helpful.
I would probably stay here again if I was in Scarborough on a budget.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Betty-Boo-Boo

Reviewed 20 June 2017

This was the cheapest room available in Scarborough for my dates, so I was a bit worried about what it would be like. But once I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised: very friendly and welcoming staff, nice spacious room with a large comfortable bed and a decent-sized toilet. The location was great too– the Town Centre and the South Beach both only 15 minute-walks away.

There was a wedding party on the night that we stayed at this hotel and it was just extremely loud. We had a street-side room and the it is unbearably noisy well into the night. This was one significant sore-point in an other comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Call to check if they have any events on booked at the hotel on your dates; the rooms at the back te...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SVenk159
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I had read some reviews that said that the Rivelyn was clean. I beg to differ. The room was thick with dust and cobwebs. The wall side of the Loo had urine stains on the wallpaper and the toilet had not been cleaned on the outside for sometime. There was also mouldy walls and peeling wallpaper throughout. I did apologetically ask for the webs and the Loo to be cleaned and was told this would be done...the pictures were taken after I had asked for the second time and rather than carry on complaining I took them to help with this review..I have never written a poor review but this was poor customer service. I even politely asked for a feather duster and I would do it myself as my daughter is scared of spiders the receptionist told me there was no need it would be dealt with..again this was not done. Moving onto breakfast. We fancied the continental breakfast..sounded good and cheap too...Fruit, Yoghurt, cereal and toast. Yes there was fruit. 2 apples and two bananas all of which were older than the webs in our room and very soft and bruised. We asked if there was any more and the answer was unsuprisingly "no, there must be a delivery due". Surely the delivery should be there ready for breakfast? There was only one yoghurt in the fridge for us to fight over. Now for a good point. The bar was well stocked and cheap, it's a damn shame the focus seems to be on that and not the threadbare carpets and general cleanliness. This hotel is in serious need of investment/refurbishment. I truly do hope it gets it because at the moment it appears to be on it's last legs

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Clean hotel needs updating but then all hotels did just a sign of the times ...no complaints friendly staff alls good would return good selection in bar and taste good ...nice leak last nite in bar but dealt with carnt complain

1  Thank dawn c
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend and found it a great place to stay. The room was lovely and clean and the bed was very comfortable. It is close to local shops and takeaways and about 10 minutes walk from the centre of town. Will definitely stop here again next time I visit Scarborough.

1  Thank sarah d
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Second time at the Rivelyn Hotel and it didn't disappoint. The service was excellent the bar well stocked with a good variety of beers and lager. Breakfast was nice.
The hotel although budget represents excellent value for money.
The room was clean and tidy although it could do with a lick of paint.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank mickwad
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Staff are great rooms are wot you pay for , bit disappointed paid for a double room got 2 singles pushed together. the breakfast is £6.95 sorry guys it's so not worth it go down into town. Think they need to put info regarding the restaurant in rooms.

2  Thank sdh69