“Fantastic!”

Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You couldn't ask for a better location for dining in Scarborough than that of the superb ASK Italian restaurant. Based in the North Wharf, ASK Italian sits directly opposite the sea and is perched on the harbour side. If you dine upstairs you'll catch the most magnificent views over the sea and Scarborough Castle and the large outdoor seating area is idyllic in the summer months. As for the food, ASK Italian Scarborough serves up classic Italian food with style and flair. The menu is full of tasty Italian dishes such as the Pollo Marsala (chicken supreme cooked in mushroom and Marsala wine sauce served with green beans and a bowl of seasoned chips or roasted new Charlotte potatoes or the delicious salad with marinated king prawns and a spicy chilli and lemon dip. Enjoy a chilled Peroni beer or glass of wine and indulge in the beautiful views and first class food at ASK Italian.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Lovely setting over looking the harbour. Great views from upstairs. Fast efficient service. Really enjoyed the meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,789)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable lunch here yesterday. The staff were very welcoming, the food was amazing, good for children and great views. We will definatley return!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We nipped in for drinks and garlic bread for my sister's birthday! The Food was nice but a real problem for me was I asked the the manager... I'm sure she was the manager Sunday 3rd April 2.pm. if they did a small cake with a candle? She replied Don't have candles or small cakes!! Ok fine , could I have a dessert then and we'll just sing happy birthday? What do you want ....anything please just want to surprise her! Yes ok.
Nothing turned up... and no other member of staff asked if we'd like desserts. Thanks
If it was my restaurant I'd want to know what was fronting it.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We went to Ask Italian in Scarborough for my dad’s late birthday meal and it was delicious,fantastic and the food was that fast it took only 10 minutes.I had a classic margarita and a side order of chips.And it was so nice I just had to finish it.I also had the complementary lemonade sample and although it was tangy I still drank it .On the whole it was a brilliant night thank you for making my dad's birthday meal so nice.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This was a standard chain restaurant.
The staff were accommodating in the fact they let us move to a table with a better view (We had reserved a table in advance) and our waitress was friendly.
The food was okay. I had a lobster and prawn pasta, which only had 3 prawns in and near enough no lobster.
Throughout our entire meal no glasses were cleaned off the table - including the glasses from a free lemonade sample when we first sat down. This didn't give us much space for our sharing starters and by the end of the meal we had many glasses on the table which was quite annoying!
On the whole, there are much tastier independent restaurants to eat at in the local area.