“Another great short break at Butlins!”
Review of Butlin's Minehead

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlin's Minehead
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Minehead
Torquay
“Another great short break at Butlins!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have been going to Butlins now for about 9 years. My girls(aged 6 and 9) absolutely love Butlins, the fair, the entertainment, the shows etc. There is a lot of things you have to pay for, the go karts, the climbing wall, the bungee trampoline, the cinema, the bikes, etc, i could go on but i spend a fortunate when i,m there as my girls want to do everything. We have a great weekend, friday to Monday.
We always go half board, breakfast and evening meal. I must admit this year the food has gone slightly down hill. The evening meal was nice with a wide variety for everyone but the breakfast was not nice at all. Everything was cold, the sausages were cheap, when i go away i love to have a large cooked breakfast but i mainly had toast as i was really put off by the breakfast.
The accomodation is basic but just what you need for a weekend away, at the end of the day it is only for sleeping in.
I will still go back to Butlins and still have the half board option, but this year was such a shame.
We still all had a great time.

7 Thank julielangley116

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We have just come back from a long weekend in Butlins in a standard room with breakfast and evening meal included.
The evening entertainment was fantastic. The staff are all friendly and helpful. This was a very family friendly environment. My boys 10 and 7 had a great time they enjoyed splash world, club red (10yr old) and the evening entertainment, not forgetting the arcades and ticket winning machines.

The food range was very varied and we all had full plates daily. I would certainly recommend Butlins and we are hoping to plan another break again soon.

Room Tip: as this was just standard room only had tea and coffees making facilities and a bath not shower...
1 Thank Angela R
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Well I must say I have been to Butlins before and was looking forward to our break with open eyes fully knowing what Butlins is about. When we arrived we was greated by a fight in the car park (I know there was live entertainment but I did not see this on the list) which scared the children. After we checked in we went to the bar(usual) and was met by a bar bill of nearly £19 for 2 alco pops and 4 soft drinks ([--] me) . After getting over that shock we decided to go to the restraunt (soup kitchen) for some food. After mingling with the dregs of britain the food was horrid most of which you could of had through a sieve ( a bit like something else that happened but that was about two hours later). For the whole stay it was much of the same Slop, Slop and more Slop. The restraunt was full of fat lazy bristolians that made the polish workers easy to understand( a bit like the green room for the jeremy kyle show) The funfair was so dated i thought I would see dinosaurs go by. So we escaped and went to Minehead and That was so boring even the seaguls looked depressed. If you are after a family break I certainly would not go here.

1 Thank michael o
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have a three year old. A two year old and a seven month old. I was satisfied with cleanliness etc of our stay but I would not recommend this holiday if your children are very young and you want them to eat healthy food. This is a fast food, gambling, lights flashing loud music budget holiday. Great for 3-12 years in my opinion. Red coats are excellent but kiosk people get impatient and rude. All they want is your money! Brochure not always accurate re:events as we turned up for advertised toddler session but it was not on. We also went to a eat house that was not supposed to have reservations but we couldn't get a table due to bookings. This same restaurant had no baby food and only two child options that were both meat. I would say it was ok but could be much improved.

• Stayed February 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

we have just returned from another fantastic holiday at butlins! entertainment top class again, had tributes to the saturdays, rhianna , tom jones , michael jackson - suits all ages!
kids will never be bored, we have a 12yr old , 8 yr old and 4yr old and there's sooo much to do it was hard to fit it all in! we paid £169 for the 5 of us self catering in a standard self catering apt , really clean and tidy and plenty of room , absolute bargain for a fab weekend away
the good thing about butlins is once inside the swimming pool , funfair rides , bob's yard etc are all free! You have to pay for go-karts and climbing walls but if you are clever you can send the children to the vip sessions of kids club and then it is free!
butlins motto is kids love it and they are totally right , if you want a funpacked family holiday then this is for you!

2 Thank gemsie_11
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a great time at Butlins Minehead and are looking forward to going back this year, the accomodation was basic but clean and tidy and for how long you are in your room it was ideal. Fantastic entertainment and facilities. Carnt wait to go back

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Simpssa1
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We (5 year old daughter and I (daddy)) went for Feb 2012 Half Term, Premium Dining and Silver Accommodation (007 Marine, which I thought was funny). £245 for 4 night/5days.

Cannot fault anything!

Accommodation was available from 4pm, clean, warm, two single beds (a little narrow, but perfectly ok). TV Signal was a little off - but hey, we spent so little time in the room who cares! Accommodation was NOT dated, looks recently refurbished and was very nice.

We swam every day, my daughter loved the Boat flume, the lazy river and the wave machines.

We saw a lot of the live shows, and the muppets at the on site cinema (a little dated room at the front of the resort - picture and sound ok, but entrance and seating a bit dated.)

Dining. Make sure you upgrade to Premium dining, the basic dining halls looked like a massive barn through the windows, we never had to queue at all in our Quayside restaurant, the food was great, and endless.

Massive thanks to "Red Coat Josh" who my daughter very much loved, and he was always around the pavilion and the Arts and crafts.

We will be back, cant believe that Butlins still has not shook off the Hi De Hi image, because they have done so much better than we ever expected - blown away

Ok so I was with a 5 year old - so I cannot speak for the Adult trips :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade to Silver - We were not disappointed.
2 Thank Phil T