“Birthday surprise week end”
Review of The Blue Anchor

The Blue Anchor
Ranked #16 of 101 Restaurants in Minehead
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Description: Historic Blue Anchor. Serving good English Pub Food.
Description: Historic Blue Anchor. Serving good English Pub Food.
Reviewed March 21, 2017

I booked The Blue Anchor for the week end of 17th and 18th of March for my wife's birthday and as always with places you are not familiar and the fact that it was under "new management" we had no idea what to expect. The new owners "Marcus and Cara" have quite obviously made an impact on the local population with some of the positive remarks we overheard in the bar restaurant area. Our accommodation was a little on the small side side but it had all we needed, the room had the sea view we had asked for but most importantly it was warm ,clean and comfortable. The welcome was warm, the food was very good and reasonably priced, all the staff were courteous and pleased to serve you. As an added bonus I was over the moon with their range of ales and of course I had to have a little taste of them all, had to be done I'm afraid. Not too much to do in the immediate vicinity but plenty of places to visit and we loved the rugged coastline of the area. Weather was not the best but what can you expect for the middle of March, all in all an enjoyable week end and will one day return.

Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to eat; especially if you've been walking on the beach, with or without a dog.

Food is served all day after noon; there is a good selection available and it's value for money.

I visited with my three legged friend Shades after a walk at Dunster Beach. The staff were welcoming and Shades happily went to sleep whilst I had my meal. She was in good company as there were 4 other dogs there.

Nice relaxed pub whichvis definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Lovely old style pub serving good food and very good real ale. Wife really enjoyed the fish pie which was cooked to perfection. I had the rump steak which was really tasty.
Stayed overnight in our motorhome with great views over the sea.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

This is a charming pub that offers great accomodation with excellent views over Blue Anchor Bay. The food is really good and well prepared and does not suffer from the pretentiousness of 'gastro pubs'. This is good honest to goodness stuff at reasonable prices. It appeals to all age groups and when I was there in a midweek in March, it certainly was not crowded or noisy. I would be happy to stay and dine here again.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Nice pub with good fresh home cooked food and nice service. The prices are very good with most meals around £9. We live locally and will definitely be eating there again.