“Everyone tries hard - a slick operation”

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Luton
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Everyone tries hard - a slick operation”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I roughly spend 2 nights a week here on business. It is slick and the staff are very helpful. Room service and food simple but tasty and bar prices are reasonable. Gym is also well equipped. My only negative is that the duvet covers are shiny and sloppy- would prefer cotton

Room Tip: Mobile reception is patchy with vodaphone
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Netherby,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of my hotel, your feedback as one of our most regular guests is very much appreciated. I am pleased that you enjoy your stays with us and that my team look after your well.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the duvet covers, they are designed to keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter however if you would prefer to have a cotton top sheet on your bed for future stays please do not hesitate to contact me and I will arrange that for you.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn – Luton in the near future.

Dean Rigby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here before getting an early morning flight from the airport. The room was good and I had a good sleep. The gym was very good indeed and well kitted out with free weights. Location is OK. Leave about 15 mins to get to the airport. One drawback...no shuttle to the airport which seemed strange.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mactoki
Dear Mactoki,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the gym to be well equipped.
We do offer complimentary transfers to and from the airport when booking on our Park & Fly packages and for this we use a private taxi rather than a shuttle bus.

Thank you again Mactoki for taking the time to write your review, and I very much hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn – Luton when you are next in the area.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This is a great hotel and value for money. Very nice rooms, free gym, free coffee in reception etc. All very good. Would stay again. Rooms have great selection of TV channels, excellent (adjustable) beds, good storage and nicely decorated.

The reception, bar and common areas are very nice. Reception was very helpful. There is a good gym and a landry room. Plus a microwave room with cutlery, great if you have kids and don't want to eat out. Obviously this isn't a 5 star hotel, but In terms of what was expected and other hotels in this price, it is very good value. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Only 2 floors, thus a high floor is better.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SaintmarkLondon
Dear SaintmarkLondon,

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review of your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and got to use so many of the complimentary facilities that we have to offer in the Hilton Garden Inn Brand.

Thank you for your recommendation and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Kind Regards,
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2012

It was our engagement party and we decided to stop off at the Hilton, I have stayed at the Hilton plenty of times before but never the Luton one. We frequently visit the Premier Inn, Luton and recently started to get disappointed. When it came to booking, the Premier Inn was ranked higher and only a few pound cheaper (I got a good deal) - with this in mind I thought the Hilton wouldn't be that great, boy I was wrong.
When we checked-in we let them know that we wouldn't be returning till 1am, the reception had no problems with this and when we arrived, the door was opened for us and there was no problems at all.
Little did we know a friend of ours had popped into the hotel with a gift. The staff at reception came into our room, when we were out and planted it onto our bed - was a lovely touch.
We had the lazy weekend offer on the first night, therefore had a free film and wine. - Which was lovely considering the occasion.
The hotel was warm and inviting, so much so we decided to stay another night, with hardly any sleep due to a late night and eagerness to get up early for the breakfast, we booked in again. We ordered room service and that's exactly what we got! Within half an hour we received our food, with added touches.
The breakfast, was amazing, the scrambled egg was gorgeous. - Although we didn't eat the pancakes, I wanted too! Just couldn't eat another thing! You don't always imagine younger people getting up at the crack of dawn, but when it comes to the Hilton breakfast, its a different story.
We needed to extend our stay by an extra hour, the staff were happy to do so free of charge, which was good.
The only downfall is that there wasn't a bath and I would have LOVED it if they had a swimming pool. But I guess with the new pool opening down the road in the next year or so!
Overall, love this hotel and will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear misscherieparfait…

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive and detailed review following your recent stay with us, congratulations on your engagement and I hope that you had a fantastic night at your party.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that my team made you feel welcome throughout your stay. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the food quality and the services we offer here at the Hilton Garden Inn. The Lazy weekend package is great if you fancy a night in with a good movie and some popcorn.

Thank you once again for posting your review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Dean Rigby

Ps. you must try the pancakes on your next visit as they are great!
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stay here regularly with wlth work and have found it the best hotel in the luton area.
The rooms are spotlessly clean, fresh and modern as are the bathrooms.
Staff are always welcoming, friendly and obliging.
Breakfast has a full compliment of continental and cooked choices and is very nicely presented.
Hilton Sleep system beds allow you to set the firmness of the mattress from soft to hard (there is a dial on the side of the bed) so perfect for bad back sufferers (like me) to ensure no discomfort.
Lots of free car parking. Will continue to use regularly.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that don't face the road for a quieter nights sleep.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Bergerac76,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review of your recent stay with us.

It is great reading your positive comments about our hotel and I am so pleased that the Garden Inn sleep system mattress aided your bad back and made for a more restful sleep. Thank you for your kind comments regarding my team, I will be sure to pass these on.

Once again I would like to Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn – Luton when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My partner and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend. It was superb. The room was spotless and the bathroom and shower was as good as any 5 star hotel we've stayed in. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.
Only downside is the location. Next time we will hire a car as taxi fares soon mounted up but we will definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Ketzi,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel and my team. We are located in the quieter area of Luton and I do agree that a car would have been beneficial for you to explore the beautiful surrounding towns and areas. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Kind Regards
Surrey U.K
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was a tad hesitant about staying here because the H.G.I chain in the USA is very good & I didn't think that bringing the brand to the UK would necessarily work.

Istayed here for 1 night for business at Luton airport the next morning & located the hotel easily & was pleased to see plenty of well-lit free parking.

As I entered the hotel, the glow of the contemporary fire was instantly warming & welcoming. Lifted my mood after a tiring drive on a dark wet cold night.

Check in was quick & the receptionist acknowledged my Hilton Honors status.

I'd requested a quiet room away from lifts & this was given to me.

The room was very clean, contemporary, & welcoming & the bed very comfy. The shower was excellent, my only adverse comment would be that the vanity unit was rather low, but, no matter.

I had a light meal from the bar which was excellent. I was expecting a limp sarni with shrivelled salad bits. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Excellent.

Breakfast was very good, The porridge was the best I've ever eaten outside of my home. It didn't look appertising because porridge never does but it was very good. Plenty of other items to choose from as well...so I did.

Check out was easy.

The staff were all efficient & welcoming.

Mobile signal was a bit eratic, I had to stand by the window, maybe because my room faced the inner sweep of the courtyard.

I'd happily return again.

Room Tip: My room only had a shower (huge) but check with the hotel if you want a bath tub.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Roxy-Popsy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel. I am really pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations and that you feel that the Hilton Garden Inn brand has translated well into the UK.

I am delighted that we were able to accommodate your requests in terms of location of room and that you found the bedroom to be contemporary and comfortable. Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding the food and beverage offering in the hotel, I will ensure that your fantastic comments are passed onto my chef.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Worldwide and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Warm Regards,