“Birthday Lunch”

Adam's Brasserie
Ranked #39 of 334 Restaurants in Luton
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Luton Hoo is a magnificent and luxurious historic country house hotel with five stars to its name as well as an 18 hole golf course, and over 1000 acres of parkland and gardens designed by ���England's greatest gardener��� Capability Brown. With its posh pedigree and overwhelming grandeur, this hotel is home to Adam's Brasserie ��� a quaint eatery complete with beamed ceilings, plush red carpets and a menu filled with old time favourites. Set in the Stables building, designed by Robert Adams, the walls in Adam's Brasserie are lined with film stills from movies filmed at Luton Hoo, and the jovial atmosphere is ideal for lazy luncheons and romantic rendezvous.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We took my Mum to Adams Brasserie for her 87th birthday. Everything was just right - food, drinks, service, location (although parking was a little confusing).

When I booked, I mentioned that it was my Mum’s birthday and when her dessert arrived it was on a specially decorated plate, which was a nice touch.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We had a 2 day business meeting as a management team booked here on a Wednesday and a Thursday, so we had a room hired out and were staying overnight at Luton Hoo of which Adam's forms a part.

Drinks before dinner were a disappointment. The bar area was abandoned, no staff at all. One of us ventured into the kitchens to try to find someone but one of the staff just said to go back to the bar and wait (fair enough) - another 5 minutes later and someone appeared. Beer on tap is limited to Heineken, no fine ales, beers or anything more local from a good brewery in Hertfordshire just over the border as you might expect in a 5 star place such as this.

Dinner in Adam's Brasserie was very average. The tables look like they've seen better days with marks and nicks on them. Our was wobbly whenever one of the 6 of us leaned on it. I ordered vegetarian - beetroot tart tartin to start (nice as you'd expect) and the halloumi burger for mains - which was dry, lacking in flavour, the halloumi hadn't been grilled right through) and the accompanying chips were average. When we asked the staff what the difference with the "Dark and Stormy" creme brulee to a normal one was, we were told it's just the name. Wrong. I still don't know exactly what the difference is but it contained alcohol. Bit late for one of our team who is muslim and doesn't take alcohol. For me it just tasted poor.

I got to my bedroom and went to bed. I began to feel extremely ill. My stomach was aching and I felt nauseous. I spent the rest of the night rushing to the toilet and feeling like i was going to vomit. I have no doubt this was caused by the food I'd eaten about an hour earlier in the Brasserie.

Poor quality, lack of service, the place is look old and I ended up ill. Not impressive at all for what should be a 5 star experience.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We had been given a voucher for lunch/dinner at Adam's Brasserie for our 5oth wedding anniversary and was looking forward to it even with the mixed reviews. The service was very good, although because it was 1 Hour to closing we had 3 waiting staff, 2 of which were very friendly , all were helpful. I had the calves liver and my husband had the chicken both were delicious ,hot and large portions. We had rhubarb crumble and custard, the crumble was cold but tasty.Even though they had finished service nobody was rushing us. My only gripe was the water which was £5.15 for one bottle. I thought that was a rip off.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We are regular visitor to luton Hoo but I must say this restaurant just doesnt do it, despite giving it many chances we have decided not to visit again. We ordered two steak dinners at £32 and £24 each and they were so bland and either hadn't been cooked properly or were poor quality as they were chewy. A supposed red wine sauce had absolutely no hint of red wine so I had a steak with effectively gravy...urgh!! Chips were greasy and soggy and the poorest version of chips I have seen. We had a lovely morning in the spa and we wish we had gone into Harpenden for a dinner as this was a real let down and on my husbands birthday. Good job we enjoy spending time together, no matter what as this could have ruined our day.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Lovely food and service. But expensive, but as a treat is special, lovely grounds, walked around Luton Hoo on same day, great to have this place on our doorstep.