Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
A hidden gem on the edge of Luton

Reviewed 5 days ago
Jane S
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Brilliant Hidden Gem

This is a fantastic hidden gem with lots to see and do including the discovery centre and beautiful... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Anne-Marie F
via mobile

All reviews play area horse drawn lego exhibition all ages carriage collection old cars transport museum free entry flight path nice cafe local history great museum gardens are lovely few hours couple of hours worth a visit lovely place
Reviewed 5 days ago

We went here on a very hot day so arrived quite early. The boys loved the museum which had plenty of interest and also enjoyed exploring the grounds the stables and the play area. All this is free.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is a fantastic hidden gem with lots to see and do including the discovery centre and beautiful gardens.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my granddaughters favourite place. Each season has something to offer one. The gardens are beautifully kept. The chickens are lovely and you can feed them with the grass that is around. The playground is really good for little ones and older children. There is information on bees, the stables are amazing - different educational experiences. Then we have the different modes of transport in the Mossman collection. In summer take a picnic an absolutely great place. You must visit and its free all through the year.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stock wood park is a lovely park we are lucky in Luton we have nice parks and the council keep them in excellent condition

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A friend suggested we visit Stockwood while we were staying overnight in Luton and we went expecting to only spend an hour or so there. In reality we were there almost 3 hours and if it had been a better day we could have stayed longer and walked further in the grounds. The carriage museum was extensive and very informative. The local museum made clever use of the old stables and the exhibits were cleverly displayed. The temporary photography exhibition was also amazing, I wish I could have purchased some prints to take away.
Somewhere I'd like to return to on a warm sunny day when the gardens are in full bloom.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We love Stockwood and it's a great go-to place to spend a couple of hours in decent weather without spending a fortune. Love that it's free to get in and the kids can enjoy the play area, exploring all the different sections, run around the grassy spaces, enjoy the agricultural equipment and the "secret gardens". Nice cafe and gift shop. Brilliant wagon museum and it's fab that there are visiting exhibitions. We often go to those and there are a variety to suit all interests. Fun place to take visiting friends/family or meet friends there for a play date.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Never heard of this place before but we had a couple of hours to kill and found this on trip advisor. Interesting gardens, fascinating collection of old road carriages, informative section on pre historic and historic Luton. Cafe was fine for what we wanted. Free parking and entry.

2  Thank Roger P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This lovely place never ceases to amaze me! Find something new to see every time we go.

On the flight path too so get to see planes going overhead :)

Love it!

Reviewed October 10, 2018

I live less then half an hour away but had never heard of Stockwood. I feel I have made a discovery myself. Very friendly staff, lots of open space and park, beautiful gardens, museum with loads of carriages and more, a good cafe and plenty of parking. I couldn't believe it was both free for parking and entry. How refreshing!
I took my Mum there for the afternoon but equally lots of young children were enjoying the gardens too.
I will definitely be back with the family.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We were visiting my son and as it was a rainy day we visited the Discovery Centre.
It was small but interesting I am in a wheelchair and it was mostly accessible. We had lunch in the Garden cafe, I had a slight issue with mine but it was soon remedied. Lunch was a tad expensive but enjoyable Staff/volunteers were very nice and polite