“Sunday night visit”

Ranked #134 of 541 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Price range: US$10 - US$79
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A stylish Cantonese Restaurant based in the heart of Honley village, near Huddersfield. An excellent and fine dining restaurant. Interior décor has to be seen. It's a little gem! Not to be confused with our sister restaurant in Huddersfield Town Centre (The Canton Chef, Huddersfield).
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Used to go here several years ago but switched to the Huddersfield branch as it was more convenient. However, disappointed to find that the Huddersfield branch had closed we risked the icy roads to go to Honley.
The restaurant was quiet when we arrived but livened up a bit later. Some of the staff we recognised from Huddersfield and another (man) from years ago. ALL the staff were very pleasant and attentive. The place was very clean. We had several dishes and all were cooked to the high standard we had come to expect. The bbq spare ribs, crispy duck, chicken with ginger and pineapple, roast duck in plum sauce, fried rice were all delicious. Really cannot understand some of the negative reviews that have been posted recently. We will, of course, return.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Been here many times and food (especially the crispy duck and chow mein) has been consistently delicious, fresh and flavourful. Service from the staff is always polite and friendly, if you catch Roy the owner on a slower evening he is a pleasure to talk to, very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Crmlla
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Without a doubt the worst Chinese I’ve ever had. Me and my partner have had to throw both our meals in the bin.

The rice was stale and the chicken inedible.

Recent reviews state “bland”, I think that’s being overly nice..

Thankfully it was a takeaway to save the embarrassment of having to leave mid meal in the restaurant.

If only I had read recent reviews before ordering!

1  Thank SJBD
Reviewed February 24, 2018

I have to say a lot of the comments on here are true, the restaurant was empty, the staff were not interested really and we found the food bland but OK. No atmosphere, will not be returning.

1  Thank Tony D
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Having used this chinese before, when at my parents house, we decided to give it a go ourselves. Will not be using again! After a very rude person taking the order over the phone, my anticipation of the meal started to diminish. I was not wrong with both dishes containing about 3 pieces of meat each and bulked up with soggy veg. The chips and rice were both cold and everything was just uninispiring.
No complementary prawn crackers which is standard when spending £28.
Now I have no problem with paying for good food, but this most definitely was not.
Very disappointed!