“Really nice Chinese”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Mandarin Chinese Restaurant
My Wife & I recently visited the Mandarin Chinese Restaurant in Huddersfield.
It’s been approximately 40 years since the last time I visited the Mandarin, reason is we live up in the North East.
However, its not changed one bit, same decor it's so relaxing, this place is fantastic, from the decor, to the ambience, to the staff.

The staff were second to none, make you feel welcome.
The food, well what can I say. Our main meals came piping hot & delicious, very very tasty. My wife has not had a good proper Chop Suey for years, the Mandarin did not disappoint, it was fantastic.

A pleasure & cannot wait to return again to Mandarin
Give it a try; it's really very, very good.
Nick

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

We visited one eve with our 2 children aged 3&5, we decided to sit away from the other tables in case the kids made a racket. The food was lovely. We had chicken and sweet corn soup and spring rolls to
Start. The kids shared sweet and sour chicken and then we had chicken curry and chicken and mushroom. All very tasty. Our waitress was lovely and great with my kids. The only thing I have to say is it's so old fashioned and run down. I use to visit as a kid and it's not changed one bit!!! Still worth a visit though.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

What a blast from the past, took me right back to the 80's in fact not changed much at all. Lovely place, very busy and we did feel for the staff, but with such good reviews it's well worth the wait.
Lots of hot, good tasty Chinese food with lovely staff (well most except one waitress who clearly didn't want to be there, but minor point).
If you are from Huddersfield and around in the 70's/80's you will remember it well and after forgetting it existed until now, it's a hidden gem!
You must go it's just great!
We will definitely be frequenting!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 14, 2017

we have been coming here since the late 70's, it still looks the same now as it did then..but this is one of those places were the food is very consistent, we have never ever in all those years had a bad meal. no its not a posh up to date all singing & dancing place, but what you do get is a good honest meal, at a very good price.
We always try to grab a window seat to people watch while we are eating...!!!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

Basic Chinese food nothing fancy but well prepared and tasty. Still going strong after many years
Ribs were great fried rice full of tasty meat

Date of visit: February 2017