“Amazing wedding venue”

Price range: US$10 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Grappolo Italian Restaurant is based in Lockwood, Huddersfield where Hamid and his team combine the genuine taste of fine Italian food with a great atmosphere and service. Our surroundings offer a stylish yet informal and relaxed environment for all the family and our extensive menu features pizzas, pastas, meats and seafood, so there's something for everyone. Any specific dietary requirements can also be catered for. We also have a fine selection of Italian wines, cocktails, beers, spirits and non-alcoholic drinks to complement your meal. Our function room also provides an ideal venue for any private party or function. Available at no extra charge, we can accommodate anything from birthdays, anniversaries, christenings and weddings. So whether you're looking for a relaxing dinner or a celebratory evening with friends and family, as one of the regions best-loved restaurants we can guarantee you a great evening.
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

I'd never heard of Grappalos as a wedding venue. Our friends booked Grappalo as their wedding venue and what a hidden gem they have upstairs.
As ever in good quality Italian restaurants the service was top notch. There was a great selection of choice for mains(sirloin, chicken, pork, vegetarian choice) and the children had their own table and special treatment.
I had the most amazing garlic mushrooms and vegetable pizza.
The terrace at the back was a great place to chat and keep cool, and the dance floor kept us entertained well past midnight.

GrappoloRestaurant, Manager at Grappolo, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Thank you so much for your fabulous review, we really appreciate it and are pleased to hear you had a great time celebrating your friends wedding! Thank you and we hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

This visit was faultless! 10/10 we didn’t book just called on the off chance. Me & my husband was given the perfect table. The specials were amazing he had the black pudding & goats cheese starter I had the mussels in tomato chilli garlic sauce. Then for mains he had the seafood mixed grill it was epic I had the traditional carbonara with a side of garlic spinach. The atmosphere was second to none staff soo friendly we was well looked after. We will definitely be visiting again. Thank you grappelos

Thank you so much for your fabulous review! It's really appreciated and we're so pleased you had a great evening. We hope to see you both again soon! Thank you!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We visited for my birthday with the family! Absolutely love the atmosphere here always so welcoming and great with the children can’t do enough for you! I started with the pate which was soooo good, then I went on to a very generous portion of mushroom risotto wow, it was to die for! I then finished with the tiramisu delicious!! The children’s meals were great too the boys got any pizza/pasta of their choice followed by ice cream and a soft drink £7.50! We’ll be back soon!

GrappoloRestaurant, Manager at Grappolo, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Thank you so much for your fabulous review! We're really pleased you and your family enjoyed your birthday meal with us and appreciate you spending the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Came here for a family birthday and was very disappointed. We arrived on time for a 7:30 booking but were not seated until 8:30! No apology, nobody keeping us informed of the delay.

Once seated, it then took another 30mins before our order was taken. The food finally arrived at about 9:45. Two hours after our booking time. When the food arrived it was bland and tasteless. I could go on about how bad the food and the service were but all I’ll say is we won’t be going back and I don’t dislike anyone enough to send them there.

We're sorry to see your negative review and do remember your party coming to the restaurant. We recall that there was a slight delay in your table sitting down due to some late arrivals but don't recall the delays being as long or as significant as suggested in your review. We also remember being more than happy to accommodate others that joined the party much later (when everyone was sat down at the table) and are struggling to understand how your food was served at 9.45 when our kitchen actually closed at 9.30. We're also sorry to hear you felt the food was bland and tasteless, we encourage our customers to tell us if their food isn't to their liking, but as you can see from other reviews and feedback on here, an outstanding majority speak very highly about the quality of our food and service and give these as the main reason they would return!

Reviewed April 22, 2018

I had booked a table for 13 family members and we were given a great position on a plinth. Due to a mistake between us, some of our party were late arriving but we ordered starters for them and they made it just in time. The staff were very understanding about this. All the staff were very cheerful and helpful with the starters, mains and drinks arriving in good time and everything was hot. There was a varied wine list and lots of options for non-drinkers. We all had pizza, pasta and a burger for our mains, the burger was particularly impressive. The restaurant could benefit from some air con. It was particularly hot last night. We seemed to be forgotten about after the main course, and, due to the heat, we were all desperate for water. Our desperation increased as time passed. I foolishly attempted to assist the staff by noticing our water on the bar and offering to carrying a heavy tray with a variety of jugs, bottles of water, glasses etc, when the inevitable happened and all went south. Having disturbed guests either side of me, who were charming and helpful themselves, the staff rallied round and kept apologising, clearing up my debris swiftly. I really felt quite a lemon but our entire party gained much hilarity from the escapade and instead of the manager being cross, he was utterly charming and gracious. Having said that, the team were no doubt under a lot of pressure as it was so busy so I can understand the delay. We will definitely return and I would like to thank all the staff for making our evening such good fun and one we will not forget.

Thank you so much for your fabulous review and recommendation. The restaurant was particularly busy and warm that evening and we apologise that there was a delay with your water arriving to your table... which resulted in you needing to go and collect this personally from the bar. We do however appreciate your comments and are really pleased you enjoyed your evening with us. We look forward to seeing you all again soon! Thank you!