2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$69
TravelocityUS$71
CheapTicketsUS$71
Trip.comUS$73
Orbitz.comUS$71
Agoda.comUS$73
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2020

Booked in here for 2 nights with son n gf & my family dog,not short of 200quid for 2 nights even charged me for dog staying two nights,first night a got locked out for just under 2 hours eventually RICHARD came after 2am to let me in ,he stated the next day he wasn’t 24hr so that was him basically saying he didn’t actually need to get up...so I myself have RA n another view conditions also ,following day a was loaded with cold due to being out in cold...slept all next day due to this n stresss so missed a day of break ,there was a hand towel he gave us for 2 night stay for 3adults ,that’s not on,no bath mat which is so dangerous,the shower water took time in going away as it filled up ,cleanliness was out the window it wasn’t in any standered for letting room out,also RICHARD was outside wen we wer leaving n didn’t ask if we enjoyed our stay n goodbye ,brilliant hospitality skills ,also he owed me £5 as had no change on arrival ,said he would return it next day ,but never did ,would never stay in a filfy whole like this again my son n his gf also .....

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sharn73
Reviewed May 3, 2020

A nice hotel owned by two brothers who really want to make you feel at home and they did. We where welcomed by one of them in Scots dialect. Wonderful! The bar has a cozy atmosphere and we had a good evening there. The room was good. By the time we where there the owners where still improving the hotel. Dinner was excellent, so was also the breakfast. I really regretted we only had one single night in this hotel. I would have loved to have stayed there all week.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank MartinKrewinkel
Reviewed April 7, 2020 via mobile

Arrived & was cheerfully greeted by Richard & his 2nd in command, last minute booking via Group deal ( standard room, evening meal, glass of wine & full Scottish breakfast for 2 @ £59 absolute bargain)
Room was at the rear facing wooded trees, the room was large, clean, bright, airy, warm & recently painted /new carpet, same with en suite new tiled shower, fresh white towels & complementary soap/shampoo. Bed was a big sleigh very inviting & was comfy & clean. LCD, tea/coffee/hot choc & biscuits - ticked all the boxes.
Evening meal was in the bar, typical traditional dark wood pub style, the atmosphere was quiet but enjoyable, sat outside most the evening fantastic bay view watching ferries. Good nights sleep & full Scottish tasty breakfast in the restaurant, lovely big bright room would recommend, staff a friendly & helpful.
This will be a smashing hotel once all the renovations are completed & would be hard pressed for a last minute room, keep up the good work. Would we return, definitely !!

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank Biker-Jeeper
Reviewed February 23, 2020 via mobile

Stopped here hoping for a coffee and pulled up at entrance only to find the hotel closed for maintenance or something. Took a few minutes to consider alternative venue then drove away. A few days later got a cctv parking ticket for £60. Appealed to issuer and then directly to hotel but was stonewalled by both, with our requests for confirmatory evidence of signage refused. From reviews it seems that this is not an isolated incident. Be warned!
The hotel’s attitude to (even potential) customers is inconsiderate, unsympathetic and exploitative.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank ImacGlasgow
Reviewed February 15, 2020 via mobile

I'd love to be able to say we had a great stay as this was a Christmas gift from our daughters. Unfortunately I can't! The manager Richard was welcoming enough and the bed was large and comfortable but unfortunately the positives end there.

The hotel has allegedly had a considerable amount of money spent on it but I failed to see where any of that money was spent. The room was large and was heated by a small portable electric heater.
The bathroom towel rail was defective and the water bathroom was very cold! There was someone else's hair in the plug hole, there were holes in the walls which were poorly filled and the shower had to be held in your hand as the bracket was defective.

We had dinner at the hotel and the food was very overpriced for what we had but thankfully it was included in the deal we had. If I was paying I'd have been really disappointed.

Breakfast was mediocre at best.

Date of stay: February 2020