“what planet are you people on????”
Review of La Cantina

La Cantina
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Dunoon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fine Italian Cuisine Fantastic Italian Specialities Delicious Homemade Pizza Fabulous Pasta Selection Families Welcome Superb Wine List with Draught Peroni Take Away Menu Parties and Special Occasions Catered for Situated below the 51st State, La Cantina's cosy Taverna styling and atmosphere offers a relaxed and friendly environment to sit back and enjoy the taste of Italy.
Reviewed March 26, 2018

this is a restaurant, serving 'Italian style' food - end off
garlic mushrooms as a starter, very average indeed, masked by based breadcrumbs to add some extra flavour
pizza was "OK' although overpowered by the dried Oregano on top
Fifes tenderly pork, was not tender and the cause was like water
my sons rib eye was "OK', and was cooked correctly
the staff were nice enough, but if i was to give it a score as an italian restaurant, idea give it a 4. Seriously, i don't know what standards the other review work to, but from someone who eats out a lot, this is very, very average

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We went to the la cantina for the second time having visited last here when visiting a friend, the meal again was excellent and good value

Reviewed June 26, 2017

I Had gnocchi for starter and pork for main, followed by Tiramisu. The food is unpretentious and full of flavour, the atmosphere pleasant and the staff attentive and friendly. I found the house red wine a little rough for my palate, but overall good value. Enjoy

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

I've been going to La Cantina for over a decade, since I was around 8 and it will always remain my favourite restaurant! My family & come to Dunoon just for my fave - tagliatelle al pollo - it's the pasta with BBQ chicken. So delish! My dad has even travelled down and go it to go for my mum and I we love it that much. Haven't been in a while but cannot wait to return lots this summer!

Reviewed June 9, 2017

We went to La Cantina on impulse, we had the most lovely salads on a very warm evening, We were stuffed full , the food was really tasty the staff were very friendly and the food came quite quickly. We enjoyed it very much.