“Sticky tables and bar counter”

Two Rivers Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Chepstow
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Lovely restaurant and well laid out seating including cosy booths for privacy. Good varied menu and friendly staff. However, when I went to the bar to order drinks my hands were sticking to the counter which obviously hadn't been cleaned properly. Unfortunately our table was the same. Maybe a little training is in order. I very much doubt that I will return for this reason. Food was good and value for money.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Julie H
richard b, Public Relations Manager at Two Rivers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you where pleased by our staff, food and value for money. We are a busy restaurant turning tables over frequently. I do apologise you may have sat on a table that was just cleared and the zone host had not yet had time to get back to before you sat down, as the same with the bar being very busy. It is a pity you feel for this reason you will not return as otherwise you seemed to enjoy your visit.we are always fully staffed with team members that can grab a cloth at a moment's notice.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

loved the food, a massive selection without any disapointment in what we had. staff were super lovely and marsdens as a company opened my eyes! they do accomodation similar yet a load cheaper than a premiere inn! except this company includes breakfast ! so when we travel down south coast to visit family we have located one to stay in there saving us a massive amount of money as opposed to premiere inn!,

Date of visit: October 2017
richard b, Public Relations Manager at Two Rivers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Thanks for your honest review, and visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

visited today sat 14 oct 2017 waited 30 min to get served when it was quite empty in there,
I ordered chicken tikka massala and chips i had just aswell had curry and chips there were a few little black slithers of chicken in it along with a few sharp bones partner had gammon and chips the peas must have been boiling for hours they were tasteless and full of water then to top it all off i assume he was manager tried to charge us twice price it should have been.

AVOID AT ALL COST MAC D WOULD BE BETTER CHOICE.

Date of visit: October 2017
5  Thank Wdjame

This review is an attack, is by someone who has attacked 3 bussiness with 1 Star, maybe their business is but not ours. If you want to come and see for yourself please do so, jokers, if you can't step up to the mark, don't try to pull others down with you.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Booking a reservation was easy and uncomplicated, Staff are polite and helpfull . Clean Rooms, Great Bar, Ample Parking Spaces . Had a nice breakfast.Fair choices. Would recommend and will use on future visits.

Date of visit: September 2017
richard b, Public Relations Manager at Two Rivers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. It's so nice to hear positive feedback.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

I ate here two days in a row whilst on a short break with my parents. They are fussy eaters, to put it mildly, not liking anything remotely exotic - including onions! It was a relief to find that the pub offered a range of options including some traditional straightforward dishes that even my Mum and Dad would eat. I must admit that I wasn't particularly expecting much - just passable pub grub that would keep me going. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to find that the standard of food was higher than that and I had two very enjoyable, and substantial, meals. Loved the sweet potato fries....

Date of visit: September 2017

Thank you for your review, sharing your visit, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit.