“Great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Garden
Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed May 24, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This cottage could not be handier for the festival as it's right in the middle of the town. There's no parking outside, but free parking nearby was fine. Found the cottage to be a bit chilly to be honest as the weather wasn't the best and there are no internal doors to stop draughts. What would have helped would have been a small electric fire for a quick blast of heat, rather than lighting the wood burner. There is central heating but rather than altering the timing, a portable fire would have been more flexible. A chopping board and wooden spoon in the kitchen would have been good. Having no WiFi was a big let down.

Management Response
25 May 2015
I was happy to read your review in the visitors book. You found the bed comfortable and as the mattress was brand new for your stay I was very pleased. I had put the heating on for you with instructions in the information folder on changing the temperature to increase it from the 22*C that it was set. The wood burner was made up ready to light with a generous supply of fuel for your stay. I have not thought of an electric fire before as all previous guests have found the cottage to be very cosy. There are two chopping boards in the cupboard under the sink, to put wooden boards and utensils in a Holiday Let, I feel would not be deemed hygienic. I am looking into Wi-Fi, but have to consider a price increase. Thank you. All comments are appreciated.
Michelle...
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed May 11, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My husband and I went to Hay on Wye to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary as we're both huge book lovers.
We had a wonderful time and would love to go again one day.
The cottage was really lovely. It was cosy and comfortable and had everything we needed.
I loved sitting by the wood burner in the evening, reading one of the many books we had bought!
It was a pleasant surprise to see that towels, tea towels and toilet roll were provided. I didn't read that until we'd packed however and as I'm used to having to take our own when we go away, I'd already packed ours so used those to save a job for Adele!
I liked the suggestions book and being able to see actions had been taken when previous guests had made suggestions.
The only negative comment I have was not having wifi. While we didn't want to spend lots of time online, I do use Instagram a lot and I also like to use Google to help plan places to visit nearby.
It didn't detract from our holiday, however and I would certainly stay there again :)

Liked best: Log burner
Liked least: Stairs felt a bit rickety but is to be expected in old properties and no wifi
Your age range 35-49
clairelou...
“Lovely, cosy and welcoming cottage.”
Reviewed March 16, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Ty Bychan is a beautiful, cosy little cottage in the fantastic location of Hay-on-Wye. The cottage had everything I needed during my stay and the information booklet was helpful to give me an idea of the local area and amenities.
The cottage was very clean on arrival and Adele has been welcoming and informative throughout my whole stay. I found Ty Bychan very homely as it has a lovely log fire to make evenings cosy and relaxing.
I have really enjoyed my time in the cottage and in Hay. It's the perfect place for a relaxing getaway, due to it's location there is lots to do and explore. I look forward to returning in the future! Thank you for providing such a lovely cottage and fantastic hosting!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Welcoming and friendly owner Adele, the location and log burner in the evenings.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“xmas stay.”
Reviewed December 28, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely stay and very central to what we wanted. Just two little gripes, me and my wife as much as we tried could not get the heating control panel to do what we wanted and my wife really struggeled with just one shelve in the cooker to do a Christmas dinner.

Management Response
3 Jan 2015
Thank you for your comments both here and in the visitors book. We are pleased you had a lovely Christmas. Apologies for the oven that although new, was supplied with only one shelf. An oversight by ourselves and we have now ordered another one.
Michael P
“A fabulous cosy cottage close to the centre of Hay”
Reviewed December 3, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

We came to Hay for the Winter weekend festival and staying in Ty Bychan was just perfect. It is cosy, comfortable and has everything you need. We were able to pop in to Hay and back whenever we needed, given the location close to all the 'action'. We would definitely stay again.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Trippiehi...
Hampshire
“Comfortable and cosy”
Reviewed November 20, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent a very relaxing few days in this lovely cosy cottage. Comfortable and clean . Well equipped. Super little wood burner that we used every day. The bed was really comfortable. All shops just a few minutes stroll away, making it easy to get everything you need. We found it hard to leave this lovely cottage

keyla jan...
“Beautiful cottage.”
Reviewed November 12, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

We really enjoyed our stay especially sitting by the fire. It was really clean and had everything we needed. We actually got engaged on our first night!!

We will definitely be back!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing