All reviewsthe pubpeak districtwarm welcomewalking weekendtissington trailmain roadfor sunday lunchbreakfast and evening mealreal alehearty breakfastcomfortable roomslovely roomwi fia wonderful staygreat weekendfull englishhartington
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Having walked around the River Wye, both myself and my partner had worked up an appetite.

We were greeted by both the Landlord and Landlady very approachable and naturally friendly.

From the board menu you could either choose from; pork, beef or lamb. My partner had the beef and I had the lamb. Our meals were expectionally delicious, but we were both to full to attempt pudding. Though I must mention there is a wide selection to choose from. Hoping to come back very soon.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

It was our second stay at the Jug and glass after having a busy few days at my brothers wedding. We had a wonderful stay! Stuart and Gwen could not have been more accomodating to our needs. Deliciously simple local food; the lamb shank and Bakewell tart were exceptional. Cosy and comfortable rooms with more amenities than I would normally expect at at pub b&b. We loved the slippers and super soft towels as well the stunning views of the countryside from every window. We will be back! Thank you so much x

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Just back from a weekend staying at the Jug and Glass. The host could not have been more helpful throughout, the rooms were comfortable and the food was simple and excellent. It is in an isolated place, but if it is peace and quiet you are looking for, together with good walk and a hearty breakfast, I thoroughly recommend this place

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I recently stayed here for a wedding that was taking place in nearby hartington and I'm so pleased that I did. I'll be completely honest, I'm usually quite sceptical about staying in guest houses, inns or b&bs and have had several bad experiences previously. I was greeted by the lovely owner who took me to my room and when he opened the door I was absolutely delighted, the room was beautiful, the decor was something I would gladly have in my own home, and the furniture gorgeous. It was also immaculately clean, I always hate staying in hotels as I feel the bedding is never really 'clean' and the bed never as comfy as my own, but I had 2 great nights sleep in an extremely comfy bed and the bedding felt new. If I'm ever in the area again I will definitely be staying here, I would highly recommend The jug and glass inn to anyone. Thank you for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2017

Booked up as meeting friends for a weekend away as reviews looked ok and thought we could spend at least one evening having dinner and all have a drink.
Imagine our disappointment when turned up and sign outside said bar shut at 10 (yes ten).
Got shown our rooms which were a bit chilly (I know July wasn't warm) but turning on the radiator made no difference. No WiFi in the room only worked in the bar which is rarely open!
Dinner food was ok nothing special and ordered extra drinks just before 10, but sensed we were keeping staff up whilst we finished them (wasn't even 10.30).
Also didn't realise breakfast not included in price we paid for rooms.. 2 of us had cooked 2 continental. Cooked was ok but expensive at just shy of £10. For continental the wives asked for toast (there was also yoghurts and cereal). It turned up. They had to ask for side plates thinking butter would automatically turn up. WRONG. Had to ask for that too.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 23, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.I am concerned that there is no name attached to your comments in order that i can trace them back and comment where necessary.
The Wi Fi certainly is an issue and it is to be addressed shortly as regards the rooms.
I can say that your comments on the bars opening times are not correct and should the rooms being chilly have been brought to our attention we would have dealt with it as soon as possible. I have checked all radiators and they are working correctly.
It clearly states on booking that breakfast is not included and it is again pointed out on your arrival and that this is optional.
We have different price options for breakfast that we feel give our guests an affordable choice as many do not require a cooked breakfast. I cannot comment on your choice of breakfast as without a name i cannot trace it back.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and wish you all the best in the future.

Stuart, Gwen and all the staff