“Disappointing”

The Coach and Horses
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A friendly and contemporary Gastropub serving a wide range of freshly cooked, locally sourced meals, ranging from Soup of the day, slow roasted belly pork, gooey chocolate brownies or our beautiful rare roast beef Sunday lunch. We have an extensive wine menu, great beers from Hook Norton Brewery and are currently the only place in Banbury serving Estrella Galicia. We have a beautiful courtyard that can be a real sun trap and spacious bar and restaurant areas to cater for all occasions.
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Visit Banbury a lot with work and was a big fan of this restaurant until about 2 weeks ago. I asked if I could substitute the chips which came with my steak for sweet potato which was a side on another dish. I was advised that this was not possible as everything is pre made! Instead I ordered a sign of veg which hadn't been drained properly and were sitting in a 3rd of a bowl of water?! For desert I asked for the chocolate cake warmed with ice cream, it finally arrived stone cold, service slow as well despite the restaurant not being busy. Disappointing and Wont be back for a while

1  Thank JudyLockhart

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Recently went for a family meal.

The food was delicious and very reasonable priced.

The staff were attentive and friendly and the food didn't take long to arrive at all. It was piping hot and fresh.

Would recommend.

Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

A group of 5 friends for a special celebration visited on a busy Saturday evening. Two of my friends ordered the risotto they both said that it was absolutely delicious, two of us enjoyed the macaroni cheese, and a ham egg and chips by another, we were all really impressed with the quality of the food and the service was excellent too. The staff took time to take photos for us as it was my friends birthday celebration.
I will be returning here to share this great little find with other friends and family.
Thank you to the team , we loved it.

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

Very attentive staff, we also managed to get a whole section to ourselves as it was a quiet night. Steak was lovely, well seasoned and cooked to perfection. Wife was very happy with the catch of the day. Recommended.

Reviewed February 27, 2017

We had a lovely lunch with my family. They didn't have a kids menu but offered to make kids portion sizes of some of the items on the menu. My husband had the Sunday roast which he said was delicious and the kids enjoyed their meals. I had the vegetarian option of the gnocchi with stilton sauce and walnuts, it was delicious and such a lovely vegetarian option. The service was good and we will be back again.

1  Thank BiancaMoulder