“Friendly, Local Foodie hotspot”

Footprints Cafe Bistro
Ranked #2 of 233 Restaurants in Ashford
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A locally run cafe bistro specialising in good quality coffee, breakfast, lunch, and homemade cakes.
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Since moving to Ashford my husband and I have been regularly going to Footprints.

Whether it is breakfast, lunch, a Sunday roast or just coffee - amazing btw - and cake... we’ve never had something we didn’t like. We love to eat local and there is sooo much local produce used. Literally the best bacon I’ve ever had!

We are coffee nuts and again.. always a favourite. Oh and the scratch made cakes!!! Lots of gluten free options and lacto free milk for coffees!

The Bistro is perfectly situated between Singleton and Chartfields and has loads of excellent walks - and its dog friendly with plenty of seating and Poke spots/gyms -. There is also a massive new children play area and adult outdoor gym just a 5 minute walk from the car park.

The location, staff and produce make this place feel like a home from home. There are also often lots of local events going on in the centre so it’s also a good way of getting involved community events and meeting people/having company.

My enthusiasm for this place is never ending!!

Tom A, Member of the Board of Trustees at Footprints Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

thanks Victoria, we really appreciate all the support we receive!

Reviewed March 27, 2018

We popped into Footprints to try their breakfast and were really pleased we did. All fresh local produce and extremely friendly service. The coffee was also much better than some of the large coffee houses.We are going back after Easter to try the Sunday Roast which sounds great.

thanks Steve! Hope you got a chance to try the Sunday Roast or if not you're still up for giving it a go!

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

We went here for lunch when we had to blow out an evening meal for a birthday due to the snow. NOT disappointed! Had a lamb burger, salad & potato wedges that were absolutely scrumptious & which matched an anniversary lunch we had had at an hotel in St Leonards several years back. The staff were very helpful & the sun was shining giving a glorious atmosphere & lovely views of the snowy scenery. Bottled craft beer & excellent coffee rounded it off well & rescued the day!! Well done Footprints!!"

Reviewed December 8, 2017

My wife is part of a walking group who meet here regularly and they booked it for their Christmas Lunch. I was able to go along to enjoy the festive food. We were in total 30. The main course was a carvery which was cooked to perfection, even the Yorkshire puddings were close to the real thing, coming from Yorkshire, praise indeed. The sweet/pudding course was also amazing. Coffee was served throughout the meal. I must admit the whole meal exceeded my expectations and I'm sure we will return as I hear they do a great Sunday roast. The service from the staff was 101%. Thanks for making our lunch so enjoyable.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Excellent Sunday lunch. Three types of meat cooked to perfection with good selection of vegetables. I thoroughly recommend it on a Sunday. I have also been there on a weekday with friends and it’s also good.