We checked in on a Sunday afternoon. Seems there’d been a big party the night before, and the people in our suite hadn’t checked out. They’d gone out for the day, leaving their belongings in the room and we were told that, by law, the hotel could not prepare the room for us all the time the occupants’ belongings were in there. So we were given a cup of tea on the house and had to wait.
The corridor en route to the room was littered with empty champagne and wine bottles, glasses and balloons and the 20 minutes that housekeeping had had to clean the suite was clearly not long enough. The glass panels in the connecting doors were covered in a sticky spray, the telephone was sticky and the cord all tangled, the shower door was streaked and the basin surround had toothpaste marks on it. The bed side cabinets were marked and the lampshades were dusty. Immediately, housekeeping sorted this out and we were given a box of chocolates, but after travelling all day it would have been nice to have been able to go to our room straight away and to relax. We asked that the room be thoroughly cleaned the following day and there was a noticeable improvement.
Very good service throughout the hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. Good dinners in the restaurant on both evenings, although the breakfasts were not particularly special – coffee that tasted of nothing and cold eggs. Had an excellent facial in the spa and enjoyed the pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.
Be warned, though, mobile phone reception (in our room, anyway) for both Orange and Virgin is terrible and wi-fi very patchy. This was disappointing as we needed both.
So although these practicalities were poor, as far as the service was concerned nothing was too much trouble which speaks for a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ashford International Hotel is located close to J9 of the M20 motorway and minutes from the Eurostar terminal, Channel Tunnel and only 36 minutes from London. The hotel boasts 19 state-of-the-art conference rooms and 179 sumptuous bedrooms. The hotel has a contemporary brasserie style restaurant Horizon, Costa Coffee and the more informal sports bar with pool table, Quench. Leisure and Spa facilities feature a 20m indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, Technogym, relaxation suite and six beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Ashford International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashford Hotel International
- Ashford International Hotel UK - Kent