See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2015

This is a beatifull setting with nothing around you but field ,there was a problem with directions from hotel.com not correct ,but sat nav found easy enough .This cottage is first class 16th centry low ceilings and big wood beams small doors lovely decor .,we had the double room which is a good size not on suite this would ruin the appearance as every floor on a slope and uneven as you would expect ,if you want a good night sleep this has to be the best most comfortable bed I have slept in on my travels and have stayed in many 5 star rooms ,but the best was still to come the cooked breakfast is huge and top quaity she called it a hunters breakfast ,did not eat for the rest of the day,I would like to thank them for looking aftre us so well ,and should I be in the area agaIn this will be my first place to call

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
ballycormac, Owner at Bircholt Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

It was a pleasure to meet you, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed it here,I hope you will be back!! all the best, Cherylynn

Reviewed August 29, 2015

A lovely cottage set in the countryside just outside Ashford,we were very pleased with our room everything was very clean and well presented one of the best Bed and Breakfasts we have been to its just a shame we don't go to the Ashford area more often

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
ballycormac, Owner at Bircholt Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

Thank you both so much, it was a pleasure to meet you, and I hope that Jo had a great birthday, hope to see you again, Cherylynn

Reviewed June 12, 2015

I travel far and wide inspecting trees and have stayed in some pretty average and some pretty awful places. Bircholt Cottage was great, very comfortable and a great breakfast which set me up for another day in the field. So thank you for looking after me so well

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
ballycormac, Manager at Bircholt Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2015

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay, hope we will see you again

Reviewed June 4, 2015

This B & B states check-in time to be 8pm. On my booking form I said I might be late due to Bank Holiday traffic. Also as I drive a French car I can't use the Dartford Crossing & am forced to use the Blackwall Tunnel as I was coming from Norfolk. My satnav took me to Brabourne by 8.45pm & I asked in pub if anyone knew where I could find this B & B. No-one knew but the pub landlady phoned for me & got no answer! I then spent the next 1 1/2 hours trying to find it & made several phone calls on their landline & mobile & all I got was the answering machine. When I finally located it it was all in darkness! Eventually I was forced to spend the night in the Premier Inn at Folkestone. When I finally managed to contact them, they refused to offer a refund as I was not able to check in before they went to bed at 8.30pm!! I haven't gone to bed at this time since I was a child. The impression I got was that they were doing me a favour by accomodating me but only on their conditions!

Room Tip: Do not bother with this one unless you like early nights & are prepared to wander the Kent countryside to try to find it.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
ballycormac, Owner at Bircholt Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2015

The lady concerned booked through Expedia, who did not relay the message to us. However, Brabourne is only a small village, and the first phone call we received was at 9.50 on our landline, nearly 3 hours after our latest check in. For M/s Thomas information, we go to bed early as my husband has to get up to leave for work at 4am, I doubt if she has to rise that early! If she had called us prior to 8pm to let us know of her late arrival, we would have made sure that we were up to see her in, but with no communication from her prior to our last check in time what would she have us do?

Reviewed October 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here prior to our early crossing to France the next day. We arrived approximately nine in the evening, to be greeted with no lights on internally or any outside to light our way. Or any clue to which door to use. When we guessed which door to use we duly knocked on the door of the house in full darkness. We waited several minutes in complete darkness wondering if we were at the correct address! Eventually a head appeared from the window above us. We had obviously disturbed our hosts beauty sleep and wondered if our reservation had been forgotten?!
The rooms were basic but clean and adequate.
We were informed prior to booking that a cooked breakfast would not be possible due to our early start the follow day. Breakfast was cereals and toast with tea and coffee, and was fine. The atmosphere and host was not hospitable and we felt as if we were more of an annoyance, rather than paying customers.
We still had a lovely holiday in France, however would not return to this establishment as I prefer to be made feel welcome! Especially when I am a paying customer!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ballycormac, Owner at Bircholt Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2014

As Mr Balderstone states, he and his wife arrived at about 9pm. Our latest check in time is 8pm, unless by prior arrangement, or if a guest telephones to let us know that they have been delayed, but unfortunately Mr Balderstone failed to do either, and as no deposit had been paid we assumed that they were not going to arrive. Bircholt Cottage has dusk to dawn lights on all year,and is well lit outside, and as there is only one door I do not understand how they had a problem finding which one!! I was up at 4.30 the next morning to make sure that they had the required toast, cereals, and coffee or tea, and also laid out fresh fruit and yoghurts. Finally, for some one who would not stay here again, it is very strange that he and his wife (and their dog), stayed with us again 3 weeks later!!