See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 23, 2014

This B&B is run by a very friendly lady who helped me out with all manner of random requests!

I stayed in room 3 in the cottage which was VERY clean and comfortable. The room was lovely and warm when I returned from a walk in the rain and was a great base to relax in after a day at work. The shower was great as well!

It's a short walk away from the local ASDA store and a very nice fish & chip restaurant. I think thee are also some places to eat if you walk in the other direction... a nice range of choices for food!

In the cottage there are facilities to cook your own meal which would save someone having to eat out and gave it a homely feel. I was too tired to cook when I stayed but it's good to know that option is there in the future.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would use it again in the future!

Room Tip: Rooms in the cottage have access to the kitchen and good Wifi connection.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Jennie L, Manager at Knapphouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2014

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I look forward to welcoming back to Knapp House if ever your business brings you back to Yeovil.

Reviewed October 13, 2014

We stayed at Knapp House for 4 nights last week and had a very pleasant experience staying in room 3 upstairs in the Cottage. Comfy bed, excellent shower and very nice and clean. The hostess was welcoming and very helpful and made us excellent breakfasts. Such a nice quiet place to relax after a busy working day.

A nice walk down the road provided two eating options, one of the pubs (The Bell) was more for nourishment and a quick cheaper option meal and the other (The Plucknett) a bit further away but still only a short walk, offered a great home cooked selection which was delicious and well presented.

Our late arrival at Knapp was no problem for Jennie, as was our request at the last minute for another nights accommodation.

The orange marmalade at breakfast was wonderful and we wished that we could buy a bottle to take home!

We were offered accommodation in the main house but took Jennie's suggestion that the cottage might be more convenient as we could work at the kitchen table in the cottage and it would ensure that we had good WIFI connection as we needed to do some work in the evenings.

Knapp House will definitely be our first choice for our next visit to Yeovil.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business

A pot of marmalade is waiting for you, on your return, as a thank you for such a lovely review x

Reviewed October 5, 2014

This is an excellent B&B with a family and homely feel. Split into 2 sections the Cottage and Main House. Both are excellent and managed by a delightful person, who ensures you have a wonderful stay. Very relaxing for working individuals.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Jennie L, Manager at Knapphouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2014

Thank you for highlighting the benefits of staying at Knapp House whilst working in Yeovil. We offer a relaxed and friendly base for guests who spend long periods of time away from their homes, some guests have stayed for over 18 months whilst they work in the area. We offer a kitchen in the cottage, where guests can make themselves an evening meal, packed lunch or even their own breakfast, making staying away from home more comfortable than the usual hotel or bed and breakfast.

Reviewed September 30, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Knapp house over the weekend and we had a wonderful stay. Jennie is the most warm and welcoming host we have had ever had the pleasure of meeting. As we were the only guests staying that weekend we were given a choice of rooms and had the beautiful b&b cottage to ourselves. The decor is lovely, very traditionally English and perfect for the property. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was hot, plentiful and Jennie was very flexible with serving times which was appreciated after a late night! We were offered top ups of tea and toast and enjoyed some home made marmalade. All of these wonderful little touches made for a perfect stay and I would highly recommend. I am surprised to know that some locals aren't aware of this fine establishment despite the proximity to the main road. It really is a beautiful place worth a stay and at a very reasonable price. Thank you for your hospitality Jennie, we won't be forgetting it.

• Stayed: September 2014

I have the best job in the world, I get to meet the nicest people. Thank you for your thoughtful review. Come back soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2014

Knapp House B&B was a wonderful place for me to stay i was made so welcome the owner was just amazing.This is the first time i have every stayed here and it won't be the last the rooms were spotless.I turned up earlier than expected and this was not a problem i was shown to my room which had plenty of room for my clothes and it was so peaceful.The breakfast was wonderful i hated marmalade till i tried there home made one it was amazing.Would i tell others about this place yes over and over again.I would like to thank the people at Knapphouse for making my stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Jennie L, Manager at Knapphouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind review of Knapp House. I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your stay so much and I look forward to welcoming back soon. Sincerely, Jennie