“Great family lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2018

We decided that Brios would be the perfect place to go for lunch with family who were visiting for the weekend.
A menu to please all ages and all ages in our family thought that the mozzarella stuffed doughballs were delicious.My 10 year old grandson said that his calamari starter and his carbonara were as good as he had last summer in Sicily and my son was very impressed with the quality and quantity of his Fritto misto de mare.
All our meals which included pasta , pizza and choices from the specials were excellent and we will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

My granddaughter chose to eat here. We arrived without pre booking but we were given a very friendly welcome with the choice of tables. There was plenty of choice on the menu and the food was delicious. We both had a main course and a desert. The staff were very friendly and efficient,we didn't wait too long for our meals which is always a bonus with young ones. We both enjoyed our evening and will certainly eat there again. Thank you to all the staff.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank w0man111
Reviewed February 14, 2018

We had dinner here on a Saturday evening. Because the restaurant was packed we expected service to be a bit slow but in fact it was very good. We had an unexpected increase in the size of our party and they worked very had to accomodate that. The menu is extensive and all the food we had was tasty with decent sized portions. No draught beer but two draught lagers. It was not a cheap meal but it was good value.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

We went brio because my daughter loves their food so she wanted to go for her birthday meal. We loved the friendly atmosphere and delicious food.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed February 9, 2018

I have eaten in Brios a number of times. First impressions of Brios is great - 'run by true Italians' and the restaurant floor seems clean and presentable. I like the location, opposite the seafront. In the summer, you can sit outside on the terrace with a sea view, which I have done a couple of times. At the time, I was slightly disappointed because they did use these large umbrellas so everyone was in the shade. I know some people prefer to be in the shade so I respect this is a matter of opinion.

There are quite a few good Italian restaurants in the area so when I came here my expectations were naturally high. From the start, the service seems good, we are welcomed and given menus immediately. Throughout the service, there were a couple of waiters that were hospitable, attentive and very friendly. However, the service can come across as slightly unorganized and be lacking in communication because we had a different waiter bringing each course. It also meant sometimes we were ignored when we needed drinks, and amazingly we were given two desserts when we paid for one. It would be better if each waiter was designated a section so that each waiter can focus on his or her tables. That way there is less chance of any customers going unforgotten. Standards of service are so high nowadays you can't afford to make simple mistakes, especially in a place such as this where you are given a mandatory service charge on the bill. The mandatory service charge gives me the impression the owner is quite money-driven.

With an open kitchen, I can see the chefs, on a busy night, are working extremely hard. However, it seems the produce they are working with isn't the best. I have eaten quite a few dishes on the menu, from pasta to pizza. Firstly the pizza falls short when you compare it to the kind of stone-baked pizza you can have round the corner. The plates of pasta are quite bland and remind me of the kind of pasta you can cook at home when you're in a rush. Being one of the more expensive restaurants in the area, naturally, I was quite disappointed. There are some positives to the food. The lobster, which my friend ordered on one occasion tasted good. I'm hoping it was from a local supplier. The whitebait was good. The mozzarella doughballs are great and perfect for kids. I also attended one of their set menu events when they have a live DJ. Again, the food was quite standard for the high prices paid and the only redeeming factor is that I could get drunk and dance the night away. I wasn't sure if I was in a nightclub or a restaurant, it was quite a strange night. I suppose you could say it was unique and not many other restaurants offer that.

Usually the atmosphere is pleasant enough, but on my last visit here the Italian owner started yelling at the top of his voice at one of the waiters. Having worked in the industry I understand sometimes manager's and chefs need to shout to get some order and communication going. But when I hear it as a customer I prefer it to be done behind the scenes, and not right in front of my view. I was really surprised at the way he seemed happy to treat his staff like that with myself and other customers watching. He seemed particularly angry and I couldn't quite work out why because this waiter seemed to be doing a good job. I looked around at other customer's and they too seemed puzzled. It's nothing personal, I just prefer eating in places that you can relax and immerse yourself and not have to hear staff arguing in the background.

I've noticed quite a few poor reviews on here, in terms of the food lacking authenticity or the service being unorganized, and they are accurate. Not to mention, the rude owner did put me off a bit. Overall, Brios isn't the worst place to eat in Worthing, if you can afford one of their set menu events then go, by all means, you might have a fun night. But in my opinion, it falls short of its competitors.

Date of visit: October 2017