“Great food, lovely staff.”
Review of Chilcha - CLOSED

Chilcha
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2015

fabulous food and great service, highly recommended. My partner and I eat here regularly and have never been disappointed

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Really poor, there are so many other good takeaways in the area i would use on of them. Food took more than an hour and a half to arrive, I phone after an hour and a quarter and was assured it was 'on it's way' but clearly not as a 5 minute journey took another 20 minutes. Food itself was mediocre - barbecue mix including king prawns {not cheap at 8.95} had ONE prawn! Enough said...!

Reviewed 22 July 2015

After being recommended this Indian by friends we were really shocked at the awful customer service and food. They struggled to take into consideration dietary requirements and we ended up with what can only be described as an odd Indian version of Chinese sweet and sour chicken. By far the worst 'Indian' we have ever eaten. The service was slow and considering there was only one other gentleman seated we were unsure as to why? The worst part was when a waiter knocked over my partners drink which went all over his jeans and shirt, not only was my partner left cleaning up the drink he was not offered a new drink and they even charged us for the drink! When commenting upon the poor service the staff did not seem bothered or concerned. We will not be returning.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Very nice looking restaurant and pleasant staff. All let down by bland flavoured curry and chicken that was cooked at least the day before. Never eaten curry where the chicken had the taste of cold chicken. Such a shame as this restaurant had been recommended to me.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

I visited Chilcha again at my 24 year old daughter's request and was not disappointed. This restaurant is very clean with soft lighting and a lovely ambiance. We started with papadum and accompaniments and then both had my daughter's favourite- the Peshwari Dum Gosht. This superb dish arrived in copper pots straight from the oven covered with a chapati bread containing big chunks of soft melt in your mouth lamb pieces in a delicious sauce. With this we had palau rice, sag panir and a Peshwari nan. Along with the drinks, the bill came just over £27, which, for the quality of the food was very reasonable.
I have no hesitation in recommending Chilcha for the cleanliness, the friendly atmosphere and the delicious food which is reasonable priced.