“Friendly local cinema/theatre”

Connaught Theatre
Ranked #5 of 40 things to do in Worthing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We watched a film here and it was great, though would have been nice to have been advised that if you select stall seats you're basically in front of the screen! Pick balcony if you can so you don't end up with whiplash! Friendly staff and good value, often showing films that other cinemas in the area aren't.

All reviews
"the ritz"
in 6 reviews
"box office"
in 4 reviews
"great seats"
"comfortable seating"
in 6 reviews
"many times over the years"
"showing films"
"art deco"
in 4 reviews
"car park"

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Love this theatre it is full of charm and very comfortable we saw Oscar Wilde's Private Lives it was brilliant!!!

Reviewed February 14, 2018

Went to see a film here on a sunday evening. firstly cost only £4 each what a bargain get value.
All seats are comfortable. the seats in row H are the best you can stretch your legs right out, however as you are sitting in an aisle you view may very occasionally be restricted by passersby, visiting the toilet during the performance!
We sat on Row S right at the back has plenty of leg room as well, although sound was a bit echoing and booming, think this is due to the distance from the front speakers to the back, reminded me of days gone past. The screen has a proper rather nice curtain, that comes down after the adds then opens for the main presentation, fantastic, great dimming of the lights good job!
Would like an old fashioned interval, why not? and someone selling ice creams in the cinema, used to love that level of service and the usher that showed you to your seat, bring it back, I want full retro!!!
Can't wait to go again fantastic, just wish I lived in worthing!!

1  Thank derek12Tonbridge
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

The cinema area of the Connaught has been refurbished since my last visit and I was most impressed there is leg room, we sat at the back on the upper level and the screen was all good and also the sound at the right level. It is much improved.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 21, 2018

I want to thank the staff at the Connaught for going above and beyond in returning my debit card to me. I believe I left my debit card in the pay machine in the car park next to the theatre and a kind person (a big thank you to you too) took it to the Connaught Box Office and handed it in. I was unaware I had even lost my card, when at the end of the film (Paddington Bear 2, which was really enjoyable by the way), and while we were still in our seats, a staff member approached me, confirmed my name, etc and handed me back my card! Thank you to those in the box office and who ever was involved in going to all the trouble to look me up on the system, appreciate I was in the cinema, and return my card in person. Amazing and thank you!