All reviews nice village convenient location overnight stay ensuite bathroom clean rooms
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I booked the Motel Findon after reading the previous reviews, so getting a text on how to get into the room was no surprise as this had previously been mentioned. The room itself was clean and comfortable and very adequate for the One night stop over I'd booked it for. The bathroom was clean with a great shower that delivered plenty of Hot water, there were clean towels and shower gel provided. If there was criticism I would say that the lack of heating for the evening had let it down slightly, there was a heater but it didn't appear to work, in the bedroom or the bathroom which left the place chilly on a September evening, but it would be a major issue in January..!! Apart from that no real complaints it was a good cheap and clean room for the night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I will try to keep this simple, the visual information as provided by Hotels.Com for this establishment is grossly misleading, I will go one step further, it's a pack of lies. One of the photos taken outside (which are online right now) suggests this to be 4 star establishment, it suggests there is a restaurant, it suggest there is a bar, it suggests there is a relaxation area - all of this is total bull...! This is a unmanned set of four rooms, two upstairs, two downstairs - that's it...

Upon arrival there was nobody present or any reception point, just a phone number on the wall outside but no actual instructions. I called the number, no reply - shortly afterwards I received a call back. Told to enter a number into a secure box where I could retrieve my room key, this I did with out too much fuss.

My colleague and I were in room no.2 which is at ground level, (partly below actually). The room was moderately appointed but smells badly of damp and stale air, this probably not helped by the windowless bathroom. Whilst on the bathroom be warned, unless your vertically challenged be prepared to smack your head on the shower, it is very low...!

Not a lot more to add other than I will be taking this one to Trading Standards for investigation and hopefully prosecution for misrepresentation. The owner said Hotels.Com publish descriptions so not their fault. If not the owner then were would Hotels.com get the information..? As chance would have it I bumped into a local later that evening. I was told the owners of this establishment used to have a bar & stake house which failed commercially a long time ago. Interesting to note images suggesting such services exist are attached to their Hotels.Com listing don't you think..... ?

Room Tip: Spend a little more and at least get a decent nights sleep but for the love of God don't stop here...!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank CliveC183
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

We had several members of our family stay in Findon due to a wedding. We booked a room for some of our guests here and were very happy. Very reasonable rate, room clean and tidy with comfortable bed and tea/coffee making facilities. Unmanned hotel but no trouble with access. Very convenient location for local events

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2017

Easy booking system. Secure entrance and easy parking. Clean rooms with pleanty of towels and complimentry items. Convenient location for Southdowns walks or trips to the coast. Nice local pubs and restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2017

I work in Shoreham but live in the midlands so stay at the here weekdays and have been for 4 months from writing this review.
Rooms are very good with double beds, sofas and en-suite, kettle and cups provided for tea and coffee. Free internet.
The motel is not manned and keys are found within key locks beside your door.
Location is great, couple of very nice village pubs and a Indian restaurant within 40 meters of front door.

Room Tip: Motel has better showers
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business