See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Very nice room with fresh decor. The bed was very comfortable and a nice size, everything was very clean and had all the little extras to make your stay pleasant. The bathroom was a excellent size and included a bath. The total property had a very welcoming feel and I would definitely recommend. The owner was super friendly and provided all essential information. In a very good location.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night in Room 4. Here are our thoughts
- room very small
- Couch faces 90deg from TV
- towels and sheets damp and clammy
- toilet seat very loose
- website is misleading. It shows a restaurant in the photos so we thought we had paid £70 for bed and breakfast. No breakfast or restaurant and village ammenities closed on Sunday morning
- we got a text telling us we were in Room 3 with a key code. But another couple were in the room. After some phone calls we were told we were in Room 4 ( no staff on site so we would have been stuck at 5pm after a 6 hour drive from Cornwall.)

Save your money people and get a proper B&B for the same money. Won’t stay here again

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank G5321UTandyp
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I booked the Motel Findon after reading the previous reviews, so getting a text on how to get into the room was no surprise as this had previously been mentioned. The room itself was clean and comfortable and very adequate for the One night stop over I'd booked it for. The bathroom was clean with a great shower that delivered plenty of Hot water, there were clean towels and shower gel provided. If there was criticism I would say that the lack of heating for the evening had let it down slightly, there was a heater but it didn't appear to work, in the bedroom or the bathroom which left the place chilly on a September evening, but it would be a major issue in January..!! Apart from that no real complaints it was a good cheap and clean room for the night.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I will try to keep this simple, the visual information as provided by Hotels.Com for this establishment is grossly misleading, I will go one step further, it's a pack of lies. One of the photos taken outside (which are online right now) suggests this to be 4 star establishment, it suggests there is a restaurant, it suggest there is a bar, it suggests there is a relaxation area - all of this is total bull...! This is a unmanned set of four rooms, two upstairs, two downstairs - that's it...

Upon arrival there was nobody present or any reception point, just a phone number on the wall outside but no actual instructions. I called the number, no reply - shortly afterwards I received a call back. Told to enter a number into a secure box where I could retrieve my room key, this I did with out too much fuss.

My colleague and I were in room no.2 which is at ground level, (partly below actually). The room was moderately appointed but smells badly of damp and stale air, this probably not helped by the windowless bathroom. Whilst on the bathroom be warned, unless your vertically challenged be prepared to smack your head on the shower, it is very low...!

Not a lot more to add other than I will be taking this one to Trading Standards for investigation and hopefully prosecution for misrepresentation. The owner said Hotels.Com publish descriptions so not their fault. If not the owner then were would Hotels.com get the information..? As chance would have it I bumped into a local later that evening. I was told the owners of this establishment used to have a bar & stake house which failed commercially a long time ago. Interesting to note images suggesting such services exist are attached to their Hotels.Com listing don't you think..... ?

Room tip: Spend a little more and at least get a decent nights sleep but for the love of God don't stop here...!!!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank CliveC183
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

We had several members of our family stay in Findon due to a wedding. We booked a room for some of our guests here and were very happy. Very reasonable rate, room clean and tidy with comfortable bed and tea/coffee making facilities. Unmanned hotel but no trouble with access. Very convenient location for local events

Date of stay: May 2017