“Great place!”
Review of The Cow Shed

The Cow Shed
Ranked #99 of 400 Restaurants in Worthing
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Description: The Cow Shed is a grown up bar for grown up people. Child and family friendly during the day - with a chilled, laid back ambience in the evening. We have a wide range a wines, beers, gins and cocktails to suit every palate. Open until 1am on Friday and Saturday evening - relax in our friendly surroundings (including outdoor seating in the summer) and watch the world go by.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Popped into this place over the bank holiday weekend and managed to bag a table. The welcome was warm and the food was great. The usually fussy mother-in-law said it was the best sandwich she'd ever had! Great laid-back beach vibe. Will definitely make it a favourite now we're local. Thank you!

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank Anna C

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Visited on a wet & windy day with our 19 year old grandson, he had the pulled pork & said it was the "best burger" he'd had for a long time! Quirky surroundings, tractor seats for chairs & other interesting features. We were served promptly & staff were friendly & efficient. I had good old-fashioned tea in a lovely rainbow teapot & again served promptly when I asked for more hot water to top up. We will definitely be back, thank you.

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank MoP3
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We took 5 seven-year old boys and 2 two-year olds for a 7th birthday. Try as hard as we might to calm them down, the boys were obviously excited and noisy but the staff were absolutely fantastic, completely unflappable, really smiley and friendly, and they even gave our son a card and balloon, completely unprompted. Food was great and we would definitely, 100% return. Thank you to all the other diners who were very patient with our excitable crew!

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank SussexMum2014
Reviewed February 17, 2018

If you have a friend who hasn't been here yet then take him - You can't promise him the world but you can promise him a sore bum. I'm talking about the beer barrel seating, of course.

By all means, there are worst places to drink. It shines in the summer when you can sit outside in the sun.but I am still on the fence with The Cow Shed. I prayed that since the first time I ate here when it newly opened that it had improved. I had to eat my burger on a paper plate. It has improved but I'm not sure if it has improved enough yet.

The Cow Shed is in a great location. The interior is quirky, clean and modern. Some of the seating is just bizarre, however. Firstly I attempted to sit on one of their stalls but even for me at 5ft10, it was a struggle. It was wonkier than William's chocolate factory and I nearly fell off of it. So we moved to sit on top of a couple of beer barrels. It wasn't the most romantic date night. I know they are trying to be quirky, but for me, sitting on a beer barrel for a few hours just gives you sore bum. There are sofas there so I felt somewhat envious of the guys sitting on them.

I've been here a few times with a friend, once with my Mum for coffee (coffee was good) and a couple of times with my girlfriend and on every occasion, it lacked a certain sense of atmosphere that I cant pinpoint. It is relaxed, laid back and pleasant to sit and have a drink and a chat but everyone kind of keeps themselves to themselves. The type of customers that come here gives it a pretentious vibe. There are as many people who come here dressed up looking for prosecco as there are people in baggy hoodies swigging down lager. To be a successful pub you need to be sure of yourself and The Cow Shed seems unsure of its identity. Is it a burger joint? A wine/cocktail bar? Or a quirky pub? Maybe it's all three.

I can smell burgers coming from the kitchen but it only reminds me that I must visit The Woods again, which has rocketed and taken over the Cowshed, making a huge name for itself as the best burger kitchen in the area. I will be returning but not until the summer.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank restaurantpublover92
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

Average food. Adequate but very standoffish service. Won’t return as plenty of better places to dine in Worthing. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: February 2018